- Why Your Servers May Be the Weakest Link in Your IoT Security
It's important to ensure both device- and application-level security—but don't stop there.
- A Digital Revolution: What the IoT Means for the Future of Health Care
Through a range of new devices and a security-minded approach, the Internet of Things can help launch a customer-centric health-care ecosystem.
- Why Open-Source Middleware Will Rule the Internet of Things
Scalable, nimble and future-proof, middleware made from open-source software offers users benefits that proprietary software fails to deliver.
- How the IoT Will Impact Corporate IT Organizations
Internet of Things technology has implications across IT organizations, from day-to-day tasks to more fundamental shifts.
- The Internet of Things Demands Trust
In the IoT, every connection is a threat vector. But by banding together and deploying sensible baseline security standards, the industry can turn the Internet of Things into the Internet of Trust.
- Securing the Internet of Things in an Insecure World
Care should be taken to engineer safety and trustworthiness into IoT products and services.
- Maximizing Big Data's Potential With the Internet of Things
Collecting data is just the first step. Before deploying an IoT solution, plan ahead and consider how you'll leverage data's value.
- The Internet of Things Is a Secular Transformation
While the IoT is already in the "here and now," it has yet to deploy its wings.
- Joining the IoT Fray? Let the Market Be Your Guide
Don't put your organization in the wrong bucket—take heed of lessons learned in the RFID industry.
- Why the IoT Has to Make Sharing Data Worthwhile
Insights gained from the Internet of Things can put an end to hit-and-miss direct marketing—but only if companies investing in the technology ensure that security is embedded in their content-management system.
- Will the Cloud Become the Internet of Things' Operating System and Bus Paradigm?
We must look for and use patterns all the time.
- From Flying Parts to Smart Pipelines, the Things of the Industrial IoT
In order for the industrial Internet of Things to take off, we need to ensure that billions of things are communicating, collaborating and sharing data efficiently and securely.
- As the Internet of Things Grows, Is Privacy Possible?
The Internet of Things will instrument our world and, in doing so, simplify many aspects of our lives. Yet, the flip-side of gaining so much data about our physical world is the risk of being able to correlate events and data-points in a way that harms consumer privacy.
- An Interview With Geoffrey Moore
The expert on the technology adoption life cycle talks with Bob Morris about radio frequency identification and its struggles to achieve mass adoption.
- The Next Wave of the Internet of Things Starts With RFID
As we head into the third wave of the IoT, in which everything is connected in an open ecosystem, RFID is emerging as a handy tool for tying objects, systems and networks together in a cost-effective manner.