- Mexican State Agency Reduces Donated Blood Wastage With RFID
Veracruz's health department has improved the visibility of the bags of blood products it sends to hospitals, by tracking their temperatures, locations and details, such as expiration dates.
- Powered With Printable Electronics and Sensors, Smart Apparel Is Reaching for Stretch Goals
Technology, textile and electronics companies are merging their expertise to create smart workout gear.
- Senet Partners With IBM, Semtech, Others to Broaden M2M Reach
Armed with a new name and updated technology, Senet hopes to bring its low-power, long-range machine-to-machine services to a wide range of industries.
- For Mining, Construction Firms, Flying Robots Keep Projects on Track
Companies in the extractive industries—including Rio Tinto—and in building construction are using aerial imaging to keep projects running smoothly and safely. We spoke with drone services provider SkyCatch about the top use cases end users are chasing.
- IoT News Roundup
Telefónica launches DIY IoT package; STMicroelectronics bridging MEMS cost-performance gap; M2Mi joins Industrial Internet Consortium; Big dollars around the Internet of Things.
- Intel's Shahram Mehraban Explains IoT's Value to Manufacturing
Having completed a two-year pilot program that generated $9 million in cost savings, Intel and its partners want to bring the Internet of Things to your manufacturing facility, too.
- IoT News Roundup
Senators want U.S. Senate Commerce Committee to discuss the IoT industry; Enlighted plugs into Philips LED lighting; Survey shows small- to medium-sized businesses are eyeing the IoT.
- MIT Researchers Test Nascent Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Scheme
Congestion-smoothing experiment highlights opportunities for smartphone manufacturers, automakers and cities.
- Radboud University Medical Center to Test Phillips Medical-Grade Wearable Device
The pilot program will test telehealth applications for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Phillips is also opening its HealthSuite Development Platform to application developers.
- Enevo Sensors Monitor Trash, Recycling Bins for Optimized Collection
The four-year-old Finnish company provides a solution that tells municipalities and private collection companies how full their waste containers are.
- Zebra Buys Motorola Solutions' Enterprise Business
With the purchase of a major supplier of fixed and handheld RFID readers, Zebra will now be one of the world's largest providers of RFID hardware, including printers, encoders and readers, as well as software.
- Iotera Develops Active RFID Tag With 4-Mile Read Range
The tag, which has a built-in GPS receiver, will be offered in consumer and enterprise versions, enabling users to identify a tag's location via an Iotera RFID reader and a hosted application.
- Making More Sense
We must present all the data we collect in a meaningful way.