- How the IoT Will Change (Almost) Everything in Cybersecurity
Organizations looking to build or adopt connected devices should educate themselves and seek to address a few key questions.
- Five Ways in Which the Internet of Things Is Helping the Environment
Connectivity, sensor technology and all things IoT are helping to create a greener world.
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Semiconductor Industry in the IoT
Semiconductor companies face several trends and challenges in Internet of Things transformations.
- Unlocking Intelligence
IoT software and analytics are unlocking the value of big data, driving consolidation and competition for leading platforms.
- U.S. Cities Need the Private Sector's Help Cutting Red Tape Off Smart-City Initiatives
There are enormous growth opportunities for companies able to help cities break down barriers and establish best practices for the use of IoT technologies.
- Best Practices in the IoT to Promote Collaboration between IT and OT
Business transformation leaders will be unable to substantiate their contributions to IoT initiatives if the challenge of IT and OT collaboration is not resolved.
- Leveraging IoT Technologies to Understand Customers
Service-oriented enterprises and organizations have been slow to adopt Internet of Things technologies. Here is why they should take a closer look.
- Smart Home: Top-Notch Technologies
A growing number of houses contain systems designed to make life easier and more comfortable, thanks to the Internet of Things.
- Graphene Batteries: A Marvel of Technology in the 21st Century
3D-printed graphene batteries and supercapacitors are set to make breakthroughs and power future generations of IoT devices—including vehicles.
- Managing the IoT With Software-Defined Networking
The Internet of Things is taking off like a hummingbird on fire, and software-defined networking is the only hope we have of managing the massive influx of data the IoT is generating.
- NB-IoT Standards Are Final: Now What?
With the standards in place, it's time for the industry to deliver on the promise of this low-power wide-area networking technology.
- What Does Brexit Mean for the Internet of Things?
Britain's exit from the European Union is creating massive uncertainty for the U.K. economy. Technology firms, including IoT players, face potential challenges to their markets, funding and workforces, but they can also take advantage of fresh opportunities.
- Wearables Bring Back the Golden Age of Travel
Major innovations in air travel used to be left up to people like the Wright brothers and Amelia Earhart. Today, technology is ushering in a faster and more efficient travel experience. From full-body scanners to biometric chips in passports—and now wearables—technology defines the travel experience.
- The Internet of Things: Fixing the Future of Health Care
A perspective on how IoT-based technologies could improve health care in the United Kingdom—both for citizens and for its National Health Service.
- Internet of Customers: Customer Experience Automation Meets IoT?
The Internet of Things creates many new types of customer touchpoints and communication channels, which can fundamentally change how you manage the customer relationship.