- Heralding the Age of Intelligent Buildings
Let's assess the impact of the Internet of Things on building-management systems.
- The Internet of Things Journey: Trends to Consider for 2018
As you embark on your IoT journey this year, consider these trends and how they may impact your overall strategy, implementation and execution.
- Can the IoT Rekindle Consumer Love for Cable Operators?
By digging into Internet of Things services, operators can increase their customer knowledge, leading them to ideas for new services.
- Using the IoT as a Crystal Ball
Let's consider the Internet of Things and predictive maintenance—and why every service company needs them.
- Five Ways in Which the Internet of Things Is Helping the Environment
Connectivity, sensor technology and all things IoT are helping to create a greener world.
- 2017 IoT Trends and Momentum
From global solutions to the rapid explosion of sensors, the future is bright for the Internet of Things in 2017.
- Does the Internet of Things Need a Standardized Communication Architecture?
We may have to wait five or more years for the industry to reach a consensus on standards. Could the smart use of the right types of software bring us to a viable IoT communication architecture sooner?
- NB-IoT Standards Are Final: Now What?
With the standards in place, it's time for the industry to deliver on the promise of this low-power wide-area networking technology.
- IoT Platform Solutions: Giving Business a Digital Voice
The use of passive sensors, including RFID tags, will play a critical role as companies transition to the digital business era, but adopters are faced with a range of choices.
- Minding the Gap: Three IoT Skills Your Business Needs Today
Organizations looking to exploit business opportunities around the Internet of Things need to fortify their workforces with expertise in cloud computing and NoSQL, network security, and rapid prototyping.
- Internet of Things: The Journey from Concept to Reality
The IoT is about far more than just hardware, smart devices and connectivity technologies.
- How the Internet of Things Can Revolutionize the Insurance Industry
Usage-based insurance—enabled by IoT-enabled sensors—promises to benefit insurers and their customers, provided that privacy issues are properly addressed.
- Why the IoT Has to Make Sharing Data Worthwhile
Insights gained from the Internet of Things can put an end to hit-and-miss direct marketing—but only if companies investing in the technology ensure that security is embedded in their content-management system.
- The Intranet of Things
The Internet of Things used by consumers and the ones used by companies will likely be very different.
- Our Future: The Real-Time Status of Things
Soon we will be able to know not only every item's location, but also its temperature, motion, vibration, humidity and a host of other variables, opening up a world of opportunities for us all.