- Shopper Fulfillment Expectations Up, Satisfaction Still Elusive in Study
Zebra Technologies has released its "2017 Global Shopper Study," which measures how well retailers are keeping up with shopper expectations at physical stores and online, with an eye toward improving those numbers with RFID and IoT technologies.
- New System-in-Package Brings NFC Payment to Wearables
STMicroelectronics' ST53G is designed to enable makers of battery-powered watches or other devices to integrate contactless payments or other NFC functionalities into their products.
- Companies Trialing Zebra Technologies' IoT Savanna Platform
Reflexis is among five partners selected by Zebra to launch trials of a new Internet of Things edge-based platform designed to make RFID and other sensor-based deployments easy to install and integrate, with low security risk.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- New Chip Features Privacy Function for European Retailers
Impinj's latest chip, the Monza R6-A, offers privacy controls and sustainability features.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- Mojix Merges With CXignited to Build Global Retail Solutions Presence
The newly combined entity will provide a wide array of RFID and Internet of Things solutions for retailers, brands and manufacturers.
- Australian Entertainment Company Expanding RFID-Enabled Kiosks
The Franchise Entertainment Group kiosks use HF RFID technology and a cellular connection with Canopy software from Banyan Hills Technology to manage approximately 1,300 kiosks at which movies are rented throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- RFID Journal's Mark Roberti to Present Retail Omnichannel Strategies at Latam Retail Show
The company's founder and editor will speak on Aug. 30 about how radio frequency identification can benefit the retail sector.
- EVRYTHNG, Avery Dennison RBIS Join Consumer QR Code Data With EPC RFID
The Active Digital Identities solution enables brands and retailers to create a GS1-standard label that they can use via RFID, and that consumers can access with their QR-code-scanning smartphones.
- RFID Journal to Hold RFID in Retail and Apparel Event in New York City
The one-day conference, being held on Sept. 26, 2017, is designed to help retailers and brand owners learn how they can benefit from deploying RFID.
- Loewe Pilots Real-time Location System for Luxury Apparel, Accessories
The IoT solution from CXignited enables the Spanish fashion brand to automatically manage inventory, enabling associates to provide fast access to the latest collection of products.
- Avery Dennison Experience Center Aims to Encourage Innovation
The company's new I.Lab is intended to put RFID and other Internet of Things technologies in front of users and developers, while also serving as a source for creating new solutions based on their ideas and questions.
- Study Forecasts 350 Percent Rise in IoT in Retail by 2021
According to a Juniper Research study, this growth is being fueled by RFID and Bluetooth Low Energy beacons, which are becoming lower in cost and more prevalent in stores, and which can now be leveraged for better analytics, customer experience and supply chain improvements.
- RFID Brings Temperature Visibility to Pizza Chain
Domino's franchise Mar Pizza is deploying a ZigBee-based IoT system from Unified Office to gain real-time and historic temperature data, as well as other sensor information, at its restaurants across three states.