- RFID Journal LIVE! in Retail to Co-locate With IRCE, GlobalShop Under New RetailX Concept in 2019
The combined event will bring leading designers, innovators, technologies, manufacturers and e-commerce together at one fully integrated retail event.
- Sales Are Up and Overstocking Is Down, Study Reports, Due to RFID Use in Stores
A University of Leicester study involving 10 participating retailers, sponsored by GS1 UK and the ECR Community Shrinkage and On-shelf Availability Group, found that all companies realized a return on investment, with sales boosted by between 1.5 and 5.5 percent.
- Companies Testing IoT System When Goods Are 'On the Road'
A waste-management firm and a high-value goods logistics provider are piloting a solution from Barcoding Inc., using CalAmp sensor devices and tags as well as software to capture and manage data about goods—even when they are in transit—via a combination of cellular, Wi-Fi, BLE and other technologies.
- Activa-ID Launches 'IoT Place' Project
With this initiative, the company seeks to encourage the use of new technologies aimed at the Internet of Things, automation and interactivity.
- Shopper Fulfillment Expectations Up, Satisfaction Still Elusive in Study
Zebra Technologies has released its "2017 Global Shopper Study," which measures how well retailers are keeping up with shopper expectations at physical stores and online, with an eye toward improving those numbers with RFID and IoT technologies.
- New System-in-Package Brings NFC Payment to Wearables
STMicroelectronics' ST53G is designed to enable makers of battery-powered watches or other devices to integrate contactless payments or other NFC functionalities into their products.
- Companies Trialing Zebra Technologies' IoT Savanna Platform
Reflexis is among five partners selected by Zebra to launch trials of a new Internet of Things edge-based platform designed to make RFID and other sensor-based deployments easy to install and integrate, with low security risk.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- New Chip Features Privacy Function for European Retailers
Impinj's latest chip, the Monza R6-A, offers privacy controls and sustainability features.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- Mojix Merges With CXignited to Build Global Retail Solutions Presence
The newly combined entity will provide a wide array of RFID and Internet of Things solutions for retailers, brands and manufacturers.
- Australian Entertainment Company Expanding RFID-Enabled Kiosks
The Franchise Entertainment Group kiosks use HF RFID technology and a cellular connection with Canopy software from Banyan Hills Technology to manage approximately 1,300 kiosks at which movies are rented throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- RFID Journal's Mark Roberti to Present Retail Omnichannel Strategies at Latam Retail Show
The company's founder and editor will speak on Aug. 30 about how radio frequency identification can benefit the retail sector.
- EVRYTHNG, Avery Dennison RBIS Join Consumer QR Code Data With EPC RFID
The Active Digital Identities solution enables brands and retailers to create a GS1-standard label that they can use via RFID, and that consumers can access with their QR-code-scanning smartphones.
- RFID Journal to Hold RFID in Retail and Apparel Event in New York City
The one-day conference, being held on Sept. 26, 2017, is designed to help retailers and brand owners learn how they can benefit from deploying RFID.