- General Motors, Boeing to Keynote at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018
RFID Journal's 16th annual event, being held in Orlando on Apr. 10-12, will feature an impressive lineup of new case studies exploring how to use RFID to create business value.
- Fleet-Management Company Uses IoT Network Across Borders
DRVR's solution for tracking vehicles throughout Southeast Asia leverages Tata Communications' MOVE-IOT Connect SIM technology to provide seamless data access, no matter which cellular network is being used.
- RFID in Aerospace and Defense 2017 Report
Last month, RFID Journal held a conference and exhibition for the defense and aerospace sectors. View the presentations from the event.
- Totvs Presents RFID and IoT Solutions at New Showroom
At its new headquarters, the Brazilian firm presents radio frequency identification and Internet of Things systems for companies of any size.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- Mojix Merges With CXignited to Build Global Retail Solutions Presence
The newly combined entity will provide a wide array of RFID and Internet of Things solutions for retailers, brands and manufacturers.
- Consumer-Facing NFC Comes to RFID Supply Chain Management System
eAgile's eLink brings NFC and UHF RFID together in a single tag that can be built into medication or product caps, seals or labels, so that it can be tracked through the supply chain via UHF and interrogated by consumers using an app.
- Hewlett-Packard Factory Showcases Internet of Things Advances in Brazil
At a recent GS1 event, HP Brazil's success story with its Exceler8 platform was presented as an example of the real business benefits resulting from RFID.
- Audio Chip Leverages NFC, BLE for IoT-Enabled Speakers
Manufacturers of speakers and other devices are building NFC-enabled products to allow automated Wi-Fi connections or Bluetooth pairing, and are employing BLE mesh functionality to use the devices as part of an Internet of Things network in a user's home or other facility.
- More than 60 Percent of Manufacturers to Use RTLS, RFID or Bar-Code Tracking By 2022, Says Zebra Technologies
The company's "2017 Manufacturing Vision Study" found that more than half of all manufacturers plan to implement automated location-tracking systems during the next five years, and that the use of passive RFID will reach nearly half.
- City Launches IoT Lab for Technology Innovation
IoT Lab-Fishers has signed on 50 members so far, with an opening date slated for this summer to begin Internet of Things-based research and development to serve manufacturing, farming and logistics.
- BLE Eavesdrops on Machine Health With Augury System
The IoT startup has developed a Bluetooth Low Energy-based solution for sensors that detect the health of HVAC and other equipment, and transmit that data to a server for analysis of the machines' health status.
- Tapestry Solutions Commercializes Enterprise-wide IoT System
The commercial solution for global manufacturers and other firms, dubbed Enterprise Sensor Integration, is based on a 50-site-wide middleware platform developed for Boeing to manage 80 different systems using RFID or other sensors to track assets, inventory and work in progress.
- InfraMarker Adds GPS, Cloud Services to Manage Buried Assets
The company says the new edition of its RFID-enabled solution will bring underground assets into the Internet of Things.
- Using Wireless Technologies to Fight Camera Theft
If every digital camera contained a SIM or RFID module, it could log into its manufacturer's product-authentication database when switched on and, if stolen, report its whereabouts and disable itself until returned to its rightful owner.