- RFID Journal LIVE! in Retail to Co-locate With IRCE, GlobalShop Under New RetailX Concept in 2019
The combined event will bring leading designers, innovators, technologies, manufacturers and e-commerce together at one fully integrated retail event.
- Sales Are Up and Overstocking Is Down, Study Reports, Due to RFID Use in Stores
A University of Leicester study involving 10 participating retailers, sponsored by GS1 UK and the ECR Community Shrinkage and On-shelf Availability Group, found that all companies realized a return on investment, with sales boosted by between 1.5 and 5.5 percent.
- Brazilian Hospital Improves Care for ICU Patients
Santa Casa de Valinhos deployed an Internet of Things solution from Taggen RFID Solutions that facilitates the location of its equipment.
- General Motors, Boeing to Keynote at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018
RFID Journal's 16th annual event, being held in Orlando on Apr. 10-12, will feature an impressive lineup of new case studies exploring how to use RFID to create business value.
- Totvs Presents RFID and IoT Solutions at New Showroom
At its new headquarters, the Brazilian firm presents radio frequency identification and Internet of Things systems for companies of any size.
- Small Tamper-evident Beacon Aims to Prevent Product Theft and Fraud
Companies are purchasing Bluvision's new BEEKs Mini Tamper Proof Tag to protect their high-value assets or supplies, by detecting if someone breaks the beacon adhesive, and then receiving alerts based on that action.
- Shopper Fulfillment Expectations Up, Satisfaction Still Elusive in Study
Zebra Technologies has released its "2017 Global Shopper Study," which measures how well retailers are keeping up with shopper expectations at physical stores and online, with an eye toward improving those numbers with RFID and IoT technologies.
- Polish Post Completes RFID Testing at Distribution Center
ProxiGroup's UHF RFID system may next be installed across all distribution sites, in order to make parcel shipping more efficient, as well as boost customer satisfaction.
- Tenna Brings IoT, RFID to Industrial Asset Tracking
The company, formerly known as BuildSourced, aims to provide a single platform for all asset tracking on civil construction or other sites, to manage everything from a screwdriver to a crane, as well as personnel.
- Loewe Pilots Real-time Location System for Luxury Apparel, Accessories
The IoT solution from CXignited enables the Spanish fashion brand to automatically manage inventory, enabling associates to provide fast access to the latest collection of products.
- Most Retailers Globally Indicate IoT Plans, Including RFID
Zebra Technologies' "Retail Vision Study" finds that in four years, the majority of the 1,700 companies surveyed expect to be using RFID and other technologies to boost inventory accuracy and enhance customer service.
- Thomas Pink Piloting IoT System With RFID and Cameras to Manage Inventory, Traffic
The solution, from BT Global Services, enables the use of multiple technologies under the single Acuitas Digital Alliance store platform to manage the inventory of men's shirts, as well as the movement of customer and sales staff traffic around that merchandise.
- Mojix's New Reader Antenna, App and Blockchain Aim for Real-Time Visibility
Retailers and brands are piloting the TurboAntenna to capture the locations of tagged items in stores or stockrooms in real time, and the Retail Task Management App to enable store personnel to manage inventory and share tasks using their smartphone or tablet.
- Japanese Retailer Aeon Checks Out Checkpoint's RFID-enabled Robot
The company is switching to an RFID-based electronic article surveillance system, and is testing the robot's ability to track inventory to monitor the locations of goods at its flagship store.