- RFID Moura Invests in Fostering Youth Interest in Technology
Concerned about the lack of high-level labor in developed markets such as the United States, the company seeks to attract the interest of young people.
- Totvs Presents RFID and IoT Solutions at New Showroom
At its new headquarters, the Brazilian firm presents radio frequency identification and Internet of Things systems for companies of any size.
- Latest NFC Specs Offer Interoperability to a Growing Market
The NFC Forum's 2017 Technical Specification offers new specs and modifications to existing ones intended to ensure legacy and future Near Field Communication technologies can interoperate as the number of NFC applications swells.
- Small Tamper-evident Beacon Aims to Prevent Product Theft and Fraud
Companies are purchasing Bluvision's new BEEKs Mini Tamper Proof Tag to protect their high-value assets or supplies, by detecting if someone breaks the beacon adhesive, and then receiving alerts based on that action.
- Alien Technology Certifies RFID Distributor in Brazil
A pioneering partnership in the country with Taggen involves the sale of RFID readers, antennas and accessories, all approved and certified by Anatel.
- Security at the Core of Cisco's IoT Initiatives
Executives at the company's subsidiary in Brazil stress the importance of its Kinetic platform for processing Internet of Things data.
- New York Builder Brings Safety With Visibility via RFID
An active RFID system, provided by Triax Technologies, enables Lettire Construction Corp. to track the locations of 140 workers on its site at any given time, to ensure that they are authorized to be there, are not in harm's way and are working where they should be.
- Shopper Fulfillment Expectations Up, Satisfaction Still Elusive in Study
Zebra Technologies has released its "2017 Global Shopper Study," which measures how well retailers are keeping up with shopper expectations at physical stores and online, with an eye toward improving those numbers with RFID and IoT technologies.
- Beacon-Based Solution Brings Intelligence to Offices
Tieto Corp. has seen sales and productivity increase since it installed its own MyOffice solution, using Quuppa beacon technology, to understand how work space is used, as well as automatically enable conference room use, service requests and worker location.
- Passive Sensor Tags to Surpass 5 Million Units This Year
IDTechEx research finds that passive UHF and NFC sensor tags are dominating the RFID sensor market, while battery-assisted sensor tags are also seeing market growth as a relatively low-cost IoT solution.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- Companies Test T-Systems' IoT Technology in Brazil
With the Roambee device, the Internet of Things platform collects data such as location, shock, humidity, temperature, movement, air gases and other environmental variations.
- BNDES Allots Large Investment to Internet of Things Projects in Brazil
Through funds for innovation, the bank intends to finance projects in areas defined by the country's IoT Action Plan in the next three years.
- Companies Trialing Zebra Technologies' IoT Savanna Platform
Reflexis is among five partners selected by Zebra to launch trials of a new Internet of Things edge-based platform designed to make RFID and other sensor-based deployments easy to install and integrate, with low security risk.
- Polish Post Completes RFID Testing at Distribution Center
ProxiGroup's UHF RFID system may next be installed across all distribution sites, in order to make parcel shipping more efficient, as well as boost customer satisfaction.