- European Care Homes Track Patient Rolling in Beds
An IoT-based solution from digitalAngel, using Nalta software and Dell Boomi connectivity, allows facilities such as Carehome Zorgspectrum to identify which patients need to be rolled over, in order to prevent bed sores.
- Moscow Boosts Public Vehicle Efficiency With Internet of Things Technology
The Department of Information Technologies' IoT system is tracking the locations and status of 22,000 vehicles throughout the Russian city, to automate dispatching and thereby reduce fuel overconsumption; next, it plans to examine the possibility of tracking vehicle driver activity via wristbands or brain-wave sensors.
- Irrigation for Corn, Rice and Other Crops Managed via IoT
Cellurar networks hosted by AT&T enables PrecisionKing's solution for managing alternate wetting and drying methods on rice fields, as well as technology from WaterBit, to track soil moisture levels in a variety of crops.
- Synergy Develops RFID, IoT Technologies During Crisis Period in Brazil
The Brazilian company is launching innovative and international-class radio frequency identification equipment under its Identhis brand name.
- BLE Beacons Tested in Japanese Hospitals to Track Patient, Staff Interaction
The solution, provided by SATO Healthcare, is undergoing a proof-of-concept at Nagoya University Hospital to track not only the movements of staff members around its facility, but also the vital signs and locations of patients, in order to understand nurse responses to changes in a patient's status.
- Garmin Releasing Its Second NFC-enabled Garmin Pay Product
The technology in the company's vivoactive 3 and Forerunner 645 Music watches consists of NXP Semiconductors' Secure Element and Loader Service for secure NFC-enabled transactions and integration to bank service companies.
- New Study Shows Strategy for Adopting Internet of Things
Gartner and T-Systems have concluded that companies must invest in IoT platforms based on a multi-vendor ecosystem and a variety of solutions.
- Atonomi Offers Security Protocol for Blockchain Data Sharing
RFID and IoT data could be shared across a network with the Atonomi solution like a marketplace, to ensure secure and immutable data with blockchain.
- T-Systems, Spearhead Partner to Add IoT to Car Insurance
Launched in Europe, the Digital Drive solution helps with claims management and enables insurers to offer new services to vehicle owners.
- CenTrak Builds BLE Beacon Functionality Into RTLS Devices
The real-time location system company is providing beacons in its devices to enable hospitals to provide wayfinding services to visitors, while also selling standalone beacons for other industries.
- Small Murata IoT Component Links BLE, NFC
The company's fingernail-sized MBN52832 module can collect sensor data and forward it wirelessly via BLE or NFC, enabling IoT applications with very small controls in lighting, health care, agriculture or other vertical markets.
- Bluetooth Low Energy and Internet of Things Make House Calls
Heal's Wellbe device comes with BLE, Bluetooth and 4G cellular functionality to automatically capture data from health-tracking sensors so that doctors can keep an eye on the health of chronically ill or elderly patients between visits.
- T-Systems, Embratel Announce IoT Partnership
In order to offer Internet of Things connectivity in Brazil, T-Systems has become a mobile virtual network operator.
- Companies Testing IoT System When Goods Are 'On the Road'
A waste-management firm and a high-value goods logistics provider are piloting a solution from Barcoding Inc., using CalAmp sensor devices and tags as well as software to capture and manage data about goods—even when they are in transit—via a combination of cellular, Wi-Fi, BLE and other technologies.
- Fleet-Management Company Uses IoT Network Across Borders
DRVR's solution for tracking vehicles throughout Southeast Asia leverages Tata Communications' MOVE-IOT Connect SIM technology to provide seamless data access, no matter which cellular network is being used.