- Audio Chip Leverages NFC, BLE for IoT-Enabled Speakers
Manufacturers of speakers and other devices are building NFC-enabled products to allow automated Wi-Fi connections or Bluetooth pairing, and are employing BLE mesh functionality to use the devices as part of an Internet of Things network in a user's home or other facility.
- RFID Journal's Mark Roberti to Present Retail Omnichannel Strategies at Latam Retail Show
The company's founder and editor will speak on Aug. 30 about how radio frequency identification can benefit the retail sector.
- RFID Journal to Hold RFID in Retail and Apparel Event in New York City
The one-day conference, being held on Sept. 26, 2017, is designed to help retailers and brand owners learn how they can benefit from deploying RFID.
- Brazilian Government's IoT Study Releases First Results
A recent report, titled "Internet of Things: An Action Plan for Brazil," cites five lessons from the project.
- RFID Professional Institute Teams With New Zealand Pathfinder Group to Offer Certification Exams
The agreement will expand certification testing to RFID practitioners in New Zealand.
- Building IoT Devices Is a Snap for Startup Interstacks
The Pennsylvania company has developed a modular system with Lego-like blocks that enable sensor-based tracking and wireless connectivity for un-networked industrial machines, with RFID functionality in the works.
- Avery Dennison Experience Center Aims to Encourage Innovation
The company's new I.Lab is intended to put RFID and other Internet of Things technologies in front of users and developers, while also serving as a source for creating new solutions based on their ideas and questions.
- Defense and Aerospace Industry Leaders to Discuss RFID's Benefits at LIVE! 2017
RFID Journal's 15th annual event, being held on May. 9-11 in Phoenix, Ariz., will feature a defense and aerospace conference track including a DoD session panel.
- Leaders from Across All Major Industries to Attend LIVE! 2017
Business professionals from leading companies in every sector and from around the world will attend RFID Journal's annual conference and exhibition, to be held on May 9-11, in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Top Trends at Embedded World 2017
This year's event, held in Nuremberg, Germany, revealed new and continued trends in the application of embedded devices in the industry.
- IoT Sensor Solution Identifies Equipment Failures Before They Happen
Equipment manufacturers and users have begun utilizing a wireless system from ServiceMax that employs RFID and other technology to capture sensor data about a piece of equipment, and to identify problems as soon as a change in performance is detected.
- New Generation of Mobile IoT Is Changing Consumer Experiences
Startups with solutions that employ Bluetooth Low Energy, Eddystone and traditional Bluetooth will help consumers find their personal property, view product content without an app at stores, and share music from a phone with multiple speakers or devices.
- Beacons Come to Market in Brazil
Bluetooth Low Energy technology, developed by Taggen in partnership with CPqD, is providing national support for the Internet of Things throughout the nation.
- Brazilian Students Create Intelligent Canine Feeder
Sesi de Cianorte's students have developed an RFID-enabled device that identifies each pet and provides food in the proper measure.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2017 to Feature IOT Pavilion, AIM Pavilion and International China Pavilion
The conference and exhibition will highlight leading companies' radio frequency identification deployments and demonstrate the latest technology solutions.