- Registration Now Open for RFID in Aerospace and Defense
The one-day conference, to be held on Dec. 13, 2017, will feature fast-track RFID training on Dec. 12, prior to the event's opening.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- ABRFID Announces Winners of Its 2017 IoT RFID Awards
The first edition of the prize was handed out to companies in three vertical categories, as well as in the GS1 EPCglobal category. In addition, an award was given to an outstanding professional who has helped to develop Brazil's RFID ecosystem.
- Australian Entertainment Company Expanding RFID-Enabled Kiosks
The Franchise Entertainment Group kiosks use HF RFID technology and a cellular connection with Canopy software from Banyan Hills Technology to manage approximately 1,300 kiosks at which movies are rented throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- CPqD Launches IoT Solution for Smart Cities
The Internet of Things system, developed in partnership with Exati, offers a gateway that manages a wireless communication network via public lighting.
- Hewlett-Packard Factory Showcases Internet of Things Advances in Brazil
At a recent GS1 event, HP Brazil's success story with its Exceler8 platform was presented as an example of the real business benefits resulting from RFID.
- ABRFID Award to Recognize Companies and Personality in Brazilian RFID Industry
The first edition of the prize will be given to companies in three vertical categories, as well as in the GS1 EPCglobal category, and as a tribute to a distinguished professional in the radio frequency identification sector.
- Facens Improves Its Smart Campus via RFID, Internet of Things
The university is training leaders to solve problems in a collaborative way, and to generate products and services of added value to society.
- Audio Chip Leverages NFC, BLE for IoT-Enabled Speakers
Manufacturers of speakers and other devices are building NFC-enabled products to allow automated Wi-Fi connections or Bluetooth pairing, and are employing BLE mesh functionality to use the devices as part of an Internet of Things network in a user's home or other facility.
- RFID Journal's Mark Roberti to Present Retail Omnichannel Strategies at Latam Retail Show
The company's founder and editor will speak on Aug. 30 about how radio frequency identification can benefit the retail sector.
- RFID Journal to Hold RFID in Retail and Apparel Event in New York City
The one-day conference, being held on Sept. 26, 2017, is designed to help retailers and brand owners learn how they can benefit from deploying RFID.
- Brazilian Government's IoT Study Releases First Results
A recent report, titled "Internet of Things: An Action Plan for Brazil," cites five lessons from the project.
- RFID Professional Institute Teams With New Zealand Pathfinder Group to Offer Certification Exams
The agreement will expand certification testing to RFID practitioners in New Zealand.
- Building IoT Devices Is a Snap for Startup Interstacks
The Pennsylvania company has developed a modular system with Lego-like blocks that enable sensor-based tracking and wireless connectivity for un-networked industrial machines, with RFID functionality in the works.
- Avery Dennison Experience Center Aims to Encourage Innovation
The company's new I.Lab is intended to put RFID and other Internet of Things technologies in front of users and developers, while also serving as a source for creating new solutions based on their ideas and questions.