- IoT Aims to Track Free-Ranging Reindeer in Finland
Finnish reindeer herders are testing a LoRaWAN-based solution from Digita and Actility on several dozen alpha female reindeer, in order to track herds of thousands of animals and detect when they may be in danger from predators or vehicles.
- NFC Brings Music Mixing to DropMix Board Game
The game, from Hasbro and Harmonix Music Systems, allows players to create thousands of unique mixes based on popular songs, with the help of passive NFC RFID and Bluetooth technologies.
- RFID in Aerospace and Defense 2017 Report
Last month, RFID Journal held a conference and exhibition for the defense and aerospace sectors. View the presentations from the event.
- Activa-ID Launches 'IoT Place' Project
With this initiative, the company seeks to encourage the use of new technologies aimed at the Internet of Things, automation and interactivity.
- RFID Moura Invests in Fostering Youth Interest in Technology
Concerned about the lack of high-level labor in developed markets such as the United States, the company seeks to attract the interest of young people.
- Security at the Core of Cisco's IoT Initiatives
Executives at the company's subsidiary in Brazil stress the importance of its Kinetic platform for processing Internet of Things data.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- Companies Test T-Systems' IoT Technology in Brazil
With the Roambee device, the Internet of Things platform collects data such as location, shock, humidity, temperature, movement, air gases and other environmental variations.
- BNDES Allots Large Investment to Internet of Things Projects in Brazil
Through funds for innovation, the bank intends to finance projects in areas defined by the country's IoT Action Plan in the next three years.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- Brazilian Government Announces Internet of Things Study
Federal authorities presented a report on the country's IoT Action Plan during a telecommunications event in São Paulo.
- New Chip Features Privacy Function for European Retailers
Impinj's latest chip, the Monza R6-A, offers privacy controls and sustainability features.
- Registration Now Open for RFID in Aerospace and Defense
The one-day conference, to be held on Dec. 13, 2017, will feature fast-track RFID training on Dec. 12, prior to the event's opening.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- ABRFID Announces Winners of Its 2017 IoT RFID Awards
The first edition of the prize was handed out to companies in three vertical categories, as well as in the GS1 EPCglobal category. In addition, an award was given to an outstanding professional who has helped to develop Brazil's RFID ecosystem.