- Graphene Batteries: A Marvel of Technology in the 21st Century
3D-printed graphene batteries and supercapacitors are set to make breakthroughs and power future generations of IoT devices—including vehicles.
- Managing the IoT With Software-Defined Networking
The Internet of Things is taking off like a hummingbird on fire, and software-defined networking is the only hope we have of managing the massive influx of data the IoT is generating.
- NB-IoT Standards Are Final: Now What?
With the standards in place, it's time for the industry to deliver on the promise of this low-power wide-area networking technology.
- What Does Brexit Mean for the Internet of Things?
Britain's exit from the European Union is creating massive uncertainty for the U.K. economy. Technology firms, including IoT players, face potential challenges to their markets, funding and workforces, but they can also take advantage of fresh opportunities.
- Wearables Bring Back the Golden Age of Travel
Major innovations in air travel used to be left up to people like the Wright brothers and Amelia Earhart. Today, technology is ushering in a faster and more efficient travel experience. From full-body scanners to biometric chips in passports—and now wearables—technology defines the travel experience.
- The Internet of Things: Fixing the Future of Health Care
A perspective on how IoT-based technologies could improve health care in the United Kingdom—both for citizens and for its National Health Service.
- Internet of Customers: Customer Experience Automation Meets IoT?
The Internet of Things creates many new types of customer touchpoints and communication channels, which can fundamentally change how you manage the customer relationship.
- IoT Platform Solutions: Giving Business a Digital Voice
The use of passive sensors, including RFID tags, will play a critical role as companies transition to the digital business era, but adopters are faced with a range of choices.
- Minding the Gap: Three IoT Skills Your Business Needs Today
Organizations looking to exploit business opportunities around the Internet of Things need to fortify their workforces with expertise in cloud computing and NoSQL, network security, and rapid prototyping.
- IoT Hype Won't Carry Your Business—Simplicity Will
If you find yourself in a fervor to IoT-enable your products, you may be overwhelmed by complexity. But there are simple solutions.
- Internet of Things: The Journey from Concept to Reality
The IoT is about far more than just hardware, smart devices and connectivity technologies.
- How You Can Shape the U.S. Government's Policies and Regulations Regarding the Internet of Things
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration is offering a one-of-a kind opportunity to influence the ways in which the U.S. government responds to the growth of IoT technologies.
- IoT Reality Check: What Happens When the Software Doesn't Work?
To get the Internet of Things right, you need to get the software right.
- IoT and Brand Management
With the Internet of Things, the advantage of doing something first can't come at the cost of doing something foolish.
- Opening Up IoT Opportunities to Everyone
We need to challenge the Internet of Things ecosystem to innovate as much on creating business opportunities as on creating technology opportunities.