- Cuebiq Database Offers IoT Device Usage Data to Marketers
The company's IoT Audiences system is intended to help companies capitalize on the emergence of Internet of Things data and connected devices.
- How Singapore Is Using the IoT to Build a Smart-Nation Platform
Chan Cheow Hoe, Singapore's chief information officer, says Internet of Things technologies are playing a role in most of the city-state's projects regarding transportation, health care and environmental sustainability.
- UMass Med Center to Use Beacons to Track Naloxone
The hospital will attach Visybl's Bluetooth beacons to packages of the opioid-blocking drug to determine whether patients discard the medication before leaving the premises, and to gauge their willingness to have the medicine tracked.
- 'Proximity Button' Has a Beacon to Keep At-Risk Individuals From Straying
Startup Proximity Care is marketing a system that sounds an alert on a caregiver's phone if a dementia patient or child is wandering off.
- GreatCall Partners With Lyft to Transport Carless Seniors
Users hail a vehicle via GreatCall's operator services, circumventing the need to download and use the Lyft app.
- Nextbike's Quest to Simplify Bike-Sharing
The company is utilizing NFC tags and readers to facilitate its operations in 18 countries.
- A Wearable That Listens for Troubling Coughs
CoughAware has been designed to help caregivers of children or elderly patients to respond quickly to impeding asthma or COPD respiratory attacks, and possibly avoid the need for hospitalization.
- Q&A With C3 IoT's Tom Siebel
Six months ago, C3 Energy, the IoT platform provider that enterprise software pioneer Tom Siebel launched in 2009, broadened its focus beyond the energy market. IOT Journal spoke with him about the transition and why he thinks every system—even the human body—is becoming part of the Internet of Things.
- IoT Prototype May Help Public Health Agencies Respond to Zika Virus
An Internet of Things consultancy in San Francisco is working to put its digital microscopy project into service helping aid organizations accelerate Zika virus screening activities.
- IoT News Roundup
Google seeks to push Alexa off smart-home throne with Home; Indiegogo, Arrow Electronics partner; the VA starts to eye IoT solutions for medical devices; new car router from Sierra Wireless; Lux Research says VC funding for IoT security on the rise; Autodesk brings it IoT data management to cloud-based service.
- Smart Vest Could Be Key to Improving Athlete Health, Performance
Hexoskin, Analog Devices and Microsoft are teaming up to bring elite performance tracking to athletic coaches.
- Nokia Eyes Connected Health, Fitness Markets Via Withings Acquisition
Nokia, once the world's largest mobile phone manufacturer, plans its return to the consumer electronics market with a $191 million purchase of Withings, a maker of fitness trackers and connected health devices.
- New IIC Testbed Delves Into Medical Device Interoperability
The project supports efforts to establish connectivity between medical devices in order to reduce accidental death or injury due to medical errors.
- MyDx Is Like a Pocket Sommelier for Cannabis Connoisseurs
The device analyzes the amount of THC and other chemicals present in a small sample, while a companion smartphone app conveys a profile of the drug and its likely effects on a user.
- Quantified Ag's Quest to Turn Cattle into IoT Nodes
Using a sort of fitness tracker for cows, the Nebraska startup says it can help cattle feedlot operators detect illness in their herds sooner than conventional methods.