- Managing the IoT With Software-Defined Networking
By Jay Turner
The Internet of Things is taking off like a hummingbird on fire, and software-defined networking is the only hope we have of managing the massive influx of data the IoT is generating.
- NB-IoT Standards Are Final: Now What?
By Andrew Morawski
With the standards in place, it's time for the industry to deliver on the promise of this low-power wide-area networking technology.
- What Does Brexit Mean for the Internet of Things?
By Nick Monnickendam
Britain's exit from the European Union is creating massive uncertainty for the U.K. economy. Technology firms, including IoT players, face potential challenges to their markets, funding and workforces, but they can also take advantage of fresh opportunities.
- Wearables Bring Back the Golden Age of Travel
By Charlie Isaacs
Major innovations in air travel used to be left up to people like the Wright brothers and Amelia Earhart. Today, technology is ushering in a faster and more efficient travel experience. From full-body scanners to biometric chips in passports—and now wearables—technology defines the travel experience.
- The Internet of Things: Fixing the Future of Health Care
By Graeme Parton
A perspective on how IoT-based technologies could improve health care in the United Kingdom—both for citizens and for its National Health Service.
- Internet of Customers: Customer Experience Automation Meets IoT?
By Glenn Johnson
The Internet of Things creates many new types of customer touchpoints and communication channels, which can fundamentally change how you manage the customer relationship.
- IoT Platform Solutions: Giving Business a Digital Voice
By Dr. Ramin Sadr
The use of passive sensors, including RFID tags, will play a critical role as companies transition to the digital business era, but adopters are faced with a range of choices.
- Minding the Gap: Three IoT Skills Your Business Needs Today
By Ryan Johnson
Organizations looking to exploit business opportunities around the Internet of Things need to fortify their workforces with expertise in cloud computing and NoSQL, network security, and rapid prototyping.
- A Circular Economy: An Untapped Opportunity for the IoT Industry
By Lauren Roman
Internet of Things technologies can enable the circular economy, which is changing the very nature of how business is done. However, the IoT industry has yet to embrace this incredible opportunity.
- IoT Hype Won't Carry Your Business—Simplicity Will
By Sergey Lyubka
If you find yourself in a fervor to IoT-enable your products, you may be overwhelmed by complexity. But there are simple solutions.
- FCC Sets Stage for Commercial Use of New Wireless Broadband Spectrum
By Ronald E. Quirk Jr.
New rules governing the use of the 3.5 GHz spectrum arms IoT technology providers with more viable deployment options.
- Internet of Things: The Journey from Concept to Reality
By Sameer Bhatnagar and Sapan Shah
The IoT is about far more than just hardware, smart devices and connectivity technologies.
- The Internet of Things: Three Key Security Considerations for SMEs
By Ranjit Bhalerao
Here's how small and medium enterprises can safeguard their businesses and their customers in the IoT era.
- How You Can Shape the U.S. Government's Policies and Regulations Regarding the Internet of Things
By Ronald E. Quirk Jr.
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration is offering a one-of-a kind opportunity to influence the ways in which the U.S. government responds to the growth of IoT technologies.
- IoT Reality Check: What Happens When the Software Doesn't Work?
By Jyoti Bansal
To get the Internet of Things right, you need to get the software right.