- Internet of Things: The Journey from Concept to Reality
By Sameer Bhatnagar and Sapan Shah
The IoT is about far more than just hardware, smart devices and connectivity technologies.
- The Internet of Things: Three Key Security Considerations for SMEs
By Ranjit Bhalerao
Here's how small and medium enterprises can safeguard their businesses and their customers in the IoT era.
- How You Can Shape the U.S. Government's Policies and Regulations Regarding the Internet of Things
By Ronald E. Quirk Jr.
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration is offering a one-of-a kind opportunity to influence the ways in which the U.S. government responds to the growth of IoT technologies.
- IoT Reality Check: What Happens When the Software Doesn't Work?
By Jyoti Bansal
To get the Internet of Things right, you need to get the software right.
- A Guide to Preparing Your IT Team for Enterprise IoT
By Raffi M. Kassarjian
The Internet of Things offers businesses myriad benefits, but it can also overwhelm your IT team if not managed properly.
- IoT and Brand Management
By Paul Hanson
With the Internet of Things, the advantage of doing something first can't come at the cost of doing something foolish.
- How Retailers Can Overcome Negative Perceptions of the Smart Home
By Eduardo Pinheiro
There are still too many barriers standing between consumers and the truly smart—and easy—home.
- Three Ways to Reduce Risk While Transitioning to IoT
By Maria Horton
The Internet of Things is redefining security, risk and cost at many public and private enterprises. Thankfully, new best practices for risk mitigation, privacy protection and cloud management have emerged.
- Three Guidelines to Ensure IoT Availability at Industrial Scale
By John Fryer
The Internet of Things' potential to improve industrial processes is huge. But so is its potential to derail them—unless these important safeguards are put into place.
- Opening Up IoT Opportunities to Everyone
By Sunder Singh
We need to challenge the Internet of Things ecosystem to innovate as much on creating business opportunities as on creating technology opportunities.
- How the Internet of Things Can Revolutionize the Insurance Industry
By Graeme Parton
Usage-based insurance—enabled by IoT-enabled sensors—promises to benefit insurers and their customers, provided that privacy issues are properly addressed.
- New FCC Rules Could Threaten RFID, IoT Development
By Ronald E. Quirk Jr.
The agency's new equipment-authorization rules impact where manufacturers can cost-effectively conduct R&D for devices certified for sale in the United States.
- Planes, Trains and Connected Automobiles: Globalizing the IoT Requires Localization
By Ian Henderson
When it comes to making Internet of Things products and services intuitive and seamless, cultural differences matter.
- The Current Problem With Value Creation in the IoT Smart Lighting Industry
By Beatrice Witzgall
Lighting is more than a basic necessity; it has the power to improve our well-being and health. But the IoT industry needs more than sensors to make smart lighting, well, smart.
- How to Profit from the Internet of Things
By Glenn Johnson
Costs are a major consideration, but from better engaging with your customers to improving regulatory compliance, IoT technologies offer a wide range of business benefits.