- How Service Relationship Management and the IIoT Are Keeping Transportation on the Right Road
By Michael Riemer
As the Industrial Internet of Things steps out of the shadows and sheds the chains that have kept data from being holistically actionable, we're seeing the beginning of a new commercial asset-management paradigm.
- Four Steps to Unlocking Cost-Effective Business Insights from IoT Data
By Peter Shashkin
Formalizing a cloud strategy can help you reach the point of readiness regarding business intelligence and the Internet of Things.
- FCC to IoT Device Vendors: Implement Cybersecurity Now or We May Force You To
By Ronald E. Quirk, Esq.
The agency is advocating cyber accountability to reduce cyber risk in the communications sector.
- Four Mistakes You Must Make for IoT Projects to Succeed
By Glenn Johnson
The complexity of the Internet of Things is making many IT managers uncertain about how to develop an enterprise IoT strategy. IT managers are facing a computing world turned upside down, due to the decentralization of information inputs and control.
- The Internet of Things: A Four-Lens Perspective
By Frank Zachmann
To succeed, your IoT strategy must focus not just on the technology, but also on the users and the business case.
- In the IoT Smart Home, Hack-Proof Security Will Be the Differentiator
By Raoul Wijgergangs
Porous security in the Internet of Things will do more damage than just stopping forward-thinking industries from reaching their business potential.
- Leveraging IoT Technologies to Understand Customers
By Terry Lawlor
Service-oriented enterprises and organizations have been slow to adopt Internet of Things technologies. Here is why they should take a closer look.
- LPWAN Technology: Not One or the Other, But Both
By Olivier Hersent
As the public and private sectors adopt 3GPP cellular IoT technologies and LoRaWAN in tandem, it's best to begin by considering the appropriate use cases for both and the separate benefits of each.
- Smart Home: Top-Notch Technologies
By Yana Yelina
A growing number of houses contain systems designed to make life easier and more comfortable, thanks to the Internet of Things.
- Driverless Cars and Their Relation to the IoT
By Michael Macauley
The development of the Internet of Things has taken root in the auto insurance industry.
- Riding the IoT Wave Without Drowning in Data
By Dave Wagstaff
Your journey starts with a foundation in business intelligence, data analytics and data science.
- Developing the Backbone of the Internet of Things
By William Chen
Companies face hardware challenges in making the millions of sensors and gateways that enable the growing connected ecosystem.
- Why Batteries Are Ripe for Disruption
By Bob Hamlin
Energy-harvesting techniques are maturing and could provide a more sustainable approach to deploying IoT networks.
- How to Conquer Fear of "Things" in "Internet of Things"
By Bimalendu Sinha
Start by addressing misconceptions about what it is and what it can—and cannot—do.
- How to Really Plug Into the IoT
By GlenNiece Kutsch
The Internet of Things comprises countless wireless devices, but in many use cases, wireless connectivity is not the best approach for connecting nodes to an IoT network.