- On the Marriage of IoT and Prescriptive Analytics
By Guy Yehiav
Prescriptive analytics software can help retailers attain some of the unrealized promises that emerged with passive RFID technology.
- How Fitness Trackers Can Prevent Heart Attacks
By Yana Yelina
In the near future, fitness trackers could double as heart-health trackers.
- Graphene Batteries: A Marvel of Technology in the 21st Century
By Bhawna Rath
3D-printed graphene batteries and supercapacitors are set to make breakthroughs and power future generations of IoT devices—including vehicles.
- These IoT Pros Will Keep Your Products and Service Secure
By Ryan Johnson
With the right, multifaceted security plans in place and people with key security skills to help construct them, businesses can successfully mitigate IoT security risks.
- Managing the IoT With Software-Defined Networking
By Jay Turner
The Internet of Things is taking off like a hummingbird on fire, and software-defined networking is the only hope we have of managing the massive influx of data the IoT is generating.
- NB-IoT Standards Are Final: Now What?
By Andrew Morawski
With the standards in place, it's time for the industry to deliver on the promise of this low-power wide-area networking technology.
- What Does Brexit Mean for the Internet of Things?
By Nick Monnickendam
Britain's exit from the European Union is creating massive uncertainty for the U.K. economy. Technology firms, including IoT players, face potential challenges to their markets, funding and workforces, but they can also take advantage of fresh opportunities.
- Wearables Bring Back the Golden Age of Travel
By Charlie Isaacs
Major innovations in air travel used to be left up to people like the Wright brothers and Amelia Earhart. Today, technology is ushering in a faster and more efficient travel experience. From full-body scanners to biometric chips in passports—and now wearables—technology defines the travel experience.
- The Internet of Things: Fixing the Future of Health Care
By Graeme Parton
A perspective on how IoT-based technologies could improve health care in the United Kingdom—both for citizens and for its National Health Service.
- Internet of Customers: Customer Experience Automation Meets IoT?
By Glenn Johnson
The Internet of Things creates many new types of customer touchpoints and communication channels, which can fundamentally change how you manage the customer relationship.
- IoT Platform Solutions: Giving Business a Digital Voice
By Dr. Ramin Sadr
The use of passive sensors, including RFID tags, will play a critical role as companies transition to the digital business era, but adopters are faced with a range of choices.
- Minding the Gap: Three IoT Skills Your Business Needs Today
By Ryan Johnson
Organizations looking to exploit business opportunities around the Internet of Things need to fortify their workforces with expertise in cloud computing and NoSQL, network security, and rapid prototyping.
- A Circular Economy: An Untapped Opportunity for the IoT Industry
By Lauren Roman
Internet of Things technologies can enable the circular economy, which is changing the very nature of how business is done. However, the IoT industry has yet to embrace this incredible opportunity.
- IoT Hype Won't Carry Your Business—Simplicity Will
By Sergey Lyubka
If you find yourself in a fervor to IoT-enable your products, you may be overwhelmed by complexity. But there are simple solutions.
- FCC Sets Stage for Commercial Use of New Wireless Broadband Spectrum
By Ronald E. Quirk Jr.
New rules governing the use of the 3.5 GHz spectrum arms IoT technology providers with more viable deployment options.