- Your Air and Water Deserve a Chance
By Edward Pultar
Can we learn from the Industrial Internet of Things for air and water monitoring?
- Building the IoT on a Responsive Data Architecture
By Scott Udell
To get the most out of the Internet of Things, companies and industries must first address data-integration issues.
- Unlocking Intelligence
By Chase Sanders, Matt Kessler and Joel Cohen
IoT software and analytics are unlocking the value of big data, driving consolidation and competition for leading platforms.
- The Future of Service Delivery: How IoT and AI Optimize the Customer Experience
By Paul Whitelam
While the promise of artificial intelligence is not yet fully realized, the Internet of Things is becoming more commonplace, and the potential for improving field service operations is boundless.
- U.S. Cities Need the Private Sector's Help Cutting Red Tape Off Smart-City Initiatives
By Laetitia Gazel Anthoine
There are enormous growth opportunities for companies able to help cities break down barriers and establish best practices for the use of IoT technologies.
- Best Practices in the IoT to Promote Collaboration between IT and OT
By Chad Meley
Business transformation leaders will be unable to substantiate their contributions to IoT initiatives if the challenge of IT and OT collaboration is not resolved.
- Surviving the IoT Cyberattack Pandemic
By Ronald E. Quirk and Terry Dunlap
Assess your risks, secure your firmware and comply with the ever-changing regulatory landscape.
- To the Edge of the IoT and Beyond
By Neeraj Chadha
As organizations overcome challenges involving speed and technology challenges, they stand to reap rich rewards from the Internet of Things.
- A New Connectivity Standard for the IoT—Building a Better Mousetrap
By Bo Ilsoe
Why is such a standard so important for the Internet of Things?
- The Internet of Old Things
By Maarten Ectors
You need to make sure that your next-generation devices are app-enabled and have transactional rollback capability.
- RFID Data in the Cloud
By Markus Weinländer
The OPC Unified Architecture and industrial communication form the infrastructure of the digital factory.
- How Service Relationship Management and the IIoT Are Keeping Transportation on the Right Road
By Michael Riemer
As the Industrial Internet of Things steps out of the shadows and sheds the chains that have kept data from being holistically actionable, we're seeing the beginning of a new commercial asset-management paradigm.
- Four Steps to Unlocking Cost-Effective Business Insights from IoT Data
By Peter Shashkin
Formalizing a cloud strategy can help you reach the point of readiness regarding business intelligence and the Internet of Things.
- FCC to IoT Device Vendors: Implement Cybersecurity Now or We May Force You To
By Ronald E. Quirk, Esq.
The agency is advocating cyber accountability to reduce cyber risk in the communications sector.
- Four Mistakes You Must Make for IoT Projects to Succeed
By Glenn Johnson
The complexity of the Internet of Things is making many IT managers uncertain about how to develop an enterprise IoT strategy. IT managers are facing a computing world turned upside down, due to the decentralization of information inputs and control.