- The Current Problem With Value Creation in the IoT Smart Lighting Industry
By Beatrice Witzgall
Lighting is more than a basic necessity; it has the power to improve our well-being and health. But the IoT industry needs more than sensors to make smart lighting, well, smart.
- How to Profit from the Internet of Things
By Glenn Johnson
Costs are a major consideration, but from better engaging with your customers to improving regulatory compliance, IoT technologies offer a wide range of business benefits.
- When Identity Management and the Internet of Things Collide, New Opportunities Emerge
By Daniel Raskin
Successful organizations must be able to securely manage ever-evolving devices and connected things, as well as the billions of relationships between these devices, their users and digital services that come with the IoT.
- The IoT Will Kill the Sales Funnel
By Ray Kingman
The rise of intelligent machines, the move toward subscription-based services and the growth of the sharing economy are all conspiring to impact the way companies sell products. Here's why that is a good thing.
- An Elemental View of Workplace Wearables
By Brian Ballard
Employees who regularly use their hands to build, move or fix things, or to monitor assets, can benefit from wearable technology. But it's important to first understand the full range of technologies that comprise wearables for the workplace.
- Why Your Servers May Be the Weakest Link in Your IoT Security
By Geoff Kratz
It's important to ensure both device- and application-level security—but don't stop there.
- A Digital Revolution: What the IoT Means for the Future of Health Care
By Michael Ely
Through a range of new devices and a security-minded approach, the Internet of Things can help launch a customer-centric health-care ecosystem.
- BLE Beacons for Business
By Mark Roberti
Once used solely for consumer applications, Bluetooth Low-Energy beacons are finding uses in purely business settings.
- The Internet of Hacked Things
By Mark Roberti
A New York Times story says security is going to be a major problem for the Internet of Things.
- Why Open-Source Middleware Will Rule the Internet of Things
By Max Bondarenko
Scalable, nimble and future-proof, middleware made from open-source software offers users benefits that proprietary software fails to deliver.
- How the IoT Will Impact Corporate IT Organizations
By Sarah Lahav
Internet of Things technology has implications across IT organizations, from day-to-day tasks to more fundamental shifts.
- The Internet of Things Demands Trust
By Philip Lewer
In the IoT, every connection is a threat vector. But by banding together and deploying sensible baseline security standards, the industry can turn the Internet of Things into the Internet of Trust.
- IOT Hype Begins to Fade
By Mark Roberti
Consumer interest in smart home devices declined during the past year, indicating that Internet of Things technologies might be losing some of their luster.
- Making Sense of Sensor Integration in Retail
By Anurag Nagpal
As Internet of Things devices proliferate in stores, in the supply chain and in consumers' hands, retailers have a great opportunity to optimize and correlate data from multiple sensor types to better understand and respond to shoppers' changing needs.
- Securing the Internet of Things in an Insecure World
By Hugo Fiennes
Care should be taken to engineer safety and trustworthiness into IoT products and services.