- Using the IoT as a Crystal Ball
By Steve Smith
Let's consider the Internet of Things and predictive maintenance—and why every service company needs them.
- LPWANS: A Hidden IoT Security Risk
By Andrew Howard
Make sure your company is not caught off-guard by low-power wide-area networks in corporate environments.
- Will the Internet of Things Deliver?
By Yuval Lavi
Investing in extensive planning for building the right IoT infrastructure is well worth the effort.
- Internet of Things in the Retail Market to Surpass $30 Billion By 2024
By Shikha Sinha
The IoT has enormous potential to transform the retail industry.
- Are You Accurately Taxing Your IoT Solutions?
By Tony Susak
Understanding when Internet of Things devices and systems become subject to communications taxes and regulatory oversight can be difficult to ascertain, putting companies in a challenging and potentially costly tax predicament.
- What Opportunities Does the Industrial IoT Present for Field Service?
By Nic Grange
The increased number of connected devices in the field comes with a surge of data, and the question of what to do with all this information.
- Smart Parking: How IoT-Based Systems Can Help Users Save Time and Money
By Ann Neal
Here are six points to help you understand the significance of such technologies in densely populated urban areas.
- Leveraging DevOps to Meet the Expectations of IoT-Driven Edge Computing
By Philipp Schöne
DevOps teams are already among the busiest within any given IT organization, as they are always on the cutting edge of producing new technologies.
- Known Security Vulnerabilities Are a Hacker's Guide to an IoT Breach
By Tae Jin (TJ) Kang
The Internet of Things is a powerful trend, but its growth could be hindered by unpatched open-source vulnerabilities.
- Give Customers Control of Their Data or Risk Incurring Their Wrath
By Jim Kaskade
As product managers rush to deliver a new multichannel experience, customers will need increased control of their personal data—even more so than in the context of traditional mobile-app surfing, shopping and the like.
- IoT in the Supply Chain: Anticipating the Demands of the Future
By Pratik Dholakiya
How are RFID and the Internet of Things bringing the supply chain concept into the future?
- Why IoT Companies Are Turning to Intelligent Data Distribution
By Andréa Skov
Three core issues—latency, efficiency, and scale—must be addressed in order to solve the distribution dilemma.
- IoT and Other RF Device Suppliers Take Note: The FCC's New Authorization and Importation Rules Are Now Effective
By Ronald E. Quirk
The CommLaw Group has issued a client advisory regarding the Federal Communications Commission's new rules for radio frequency equipment authorization.
- The Limit Does Not Exist: Why Defending the Perimeter Is Not Feasible in the IoT
By Chirag Pathak
Perimeter defense technologies can help in blocking external attacks, but often fail to prevent attacks by inside devices or apps.
- How the IoT Is Changing the Customer Experience and Improving Competitive Advantage
By Marne Martin
The Internet of Things, as well as data from connected devices and other digital technologies, can facilitate seamless customer service, rapid problem-solving and the more efficient deployment of skilled resources.