- U.S. Cities Need the Private Sector's Help Cutting Red Tape Off Smart-City Initiatives
By Laetitia Gazel Anthoine
There are enormous growth opportunities for companies able to help cities break down barriers and establish best practices for the use of IoT technologies.
- Best Practices in the IoT to Promote Collaboration between IT and OT
By Chad Meley
Business transformation leaders will be unable to substantiate their contributions to IoT initiatives if the challenge of IT and OT collaboration is not resolved.
- Surviving the IoT Cyberattack Pandemic
By Ronald E. Quirk and Terry Dunlap
Assess your risks, secure your firmware and comply with the ever-changing regulatory landscape.
- To the Edge of the IoT and Beyond
By Neeraj Chadha
As organizations overcome challenges involving speed and technology challenges, they stand to reap rich rewards from the Internet of Things.
- A New Connectivity Standard for the IoT—Building a Better Mousetrap
By Bo Ilsoe
Why is such a standard so important for the Internet of Things?
- The Internet of Old Things
By Maarten Ectors
You need to make sure that your next-generation devices are app-enabled and have transactional rollback capability.
- RFID Data in the Cloud
By Markus Weinländer
The OPC Unified Architecture and industrial communication form the infrastructure of the digital factory.
- How Service Relationship Management and the IIoT Are Keeping Transportation on the Right Road
By Michael Riemer
As the Industrial Internet of Things steps out of the shadows and sheds the chains that have kept data from being holistically actionable, we're seeing the beginning of a new commercial asset-management paradigm.
- Four Steps to Unlocking Cost-Effective Business Insights from IoT Data
By Peter Shashkin
Formalizing a cloud strategy can help you reach the point of readiness regarding business intelligence and the Internet of Things.
- FCC to IoT Device Vendors: Implement Cybersecurity Now or We May Force You To
By Ronald E. Quirk, Esq.
The agency is advocating cyber accountability to reduce cyber risk in the communications sector.
- Four Mistakes You Must Make for IoT Projects to Succeed
By Glenn Johnson
The complexity of the Internet of Things is making many IT managers uncertain about how to develop an enterprise IoT strategy. IT managers are facing a computing world turned upside down, due to the decentralization of information inputs and control.
- The Internet of Things: A Four-Lens Perspective
By Frank Zachmann
To succeed, your IoT strategy must focus not just on the technology, but also on the users and the business case.
- In the IoT Smart Home, Hack-Proof Security Will Be the Differentiator
By Raoul Wijgergangs
Porous security in the Internet of Things will do more damage than just stopping forward-thinking industries from reaching their business potential.
- Leveraging IoT Technologies to Understand Customers
By Terry Lawlor
Service-oriented enterprises and organizations have been slow to adopt Internet of Things technologies. Here is why they should take a closer look.
- LPWAN Technology: Not One or the Other, But Both
By Olivier Hersent
As the public and private sectors adopt 3GPP cellular IoT technologies and LoRaWAN in tandem, it's best to begin by considering the appropriate use cases for both and the separate benefits of each.