- The Untapped Potential of the IoT and Smart Utilization of Heavy Industrial Assets
By Sukant Acharya
IIoT projects work best with an outcome-centric approach coupled with design thinking, which applies new-age technologies in the context of a domain to create tangible impact for sustainable competitive advantage.
- Common Challenges of Lower-Technology Nodes for IoT Devices
By Komal Chauhan
The Internet of Things has become a mainstream technology for companies seeking to accelerate the growth of chip connectivity. Engineers are struggling to find a way to manage the inherent difficulties.
- Disruptive Materials-Handling Solutions: IIoT Pick-to-Light
By Thomas R. Cutler
IIoT pick-to-light devices are the best choice for more than 90 percent of the distribution, warehouse and cellular manufacturing assembly market.
- The Rise of Logistics Tech Activates Entrepreneurs
By George Shchegolev
Given the complexity of supply chain evolution, companies that optimize across links in the chain may help to shape our future.
- Smart People
By Ross Stapleton-Gray
While it may be a long time before self-driving cars become common, it's not too soon to anticipate the need to meet them at least half-way as smarter pedestrians.
- DoT Announces 'Voluntary' Self-Driving Vehicle Safety Guidelines
By Ronald E. Quirk
The industry comments will likely shape the upcoming mandatory regulations.
- OEMs Need to Adopt IoT Platforms and Move Up the Value Chain
By Shahram Mehraban
For industrial OEMs seeking to go to market quickly and sustain a competitive market advantage, using a multi-dimensional Internet of Things application development and deployment platform can help to jumpstart and shortcut the product-development cycle.
- Four Fundamental Strategies for Building an IoT System
By Joe Conway
How can companies ensure that their Internet of Things technologies are sustainable and effective, work seamlessly, and create a return on investment?
- House Passes Self-Driving Car Bill, IoT Component Manufacturers Expect Booming Business
By Ronald E. Quirk
Components of the Internet of Things will be an important part of the safety, cybersecurity and privacy aspects of the SELF-DRIVE Act and related legislation.
- IoT and the Modern Facilities Manager
By Hugues Meyrath
Unless a company considers how physical infrastructure will impact its overall performance, the risk of failure is vast.
- Predictive Maintenance—the First Step Toward Self-Maintenance and AI
By Kenneth Sanford
How to pave the way for artificial intelligence and self-maintenance, by first optimizing your operations with predictive maintenance
- IoT in the Supply Chain: Anticipating the Demands of the Future
By Michael Colaneri
The Internet of Things can help companies differentiate, expand markets, grow revenues and please customers, by enabling them to gather, analyze and communicate valuable data.
- The Rise of Machines and AI in Retail and Logistics
By Uwe Hennig
Advances in artificial intelligence are destined to make our lives even better—but will machines eventually out-do humans?
- How the IoT Is Helping Our Environment
By Juan José Bello
The Internet of Things offers numerous applications and benefits for animals and their surroundings.
- Don't Let Your Industrial Internet of Things Project Fail
By Scot Wlodarczak
The better you plan to avoid the potential pitfalls to your IIoT project, the more prepared you will be to mitigate any surprises.