- Heralding the Age of Intelligent Buildings
Let's assess the impact of the Internet of Things on building-management systems.
- Three IoT Considerations Retailers Must Keep in Mind for 2018
The Internet of Things, powered by RFID technology, can help stores manage inventory more efficiently, set themselves apart from competitors, and provide great customer service while still maintaining streamlined operations.
- Can the IoT Rekindle Consumer Love for Cable Operators?
By digging into Internet of Things services, operators can increase their customer knowledge, leading them to ideas for new services.
- IoT in the Supply Chain: Anticipating the Demands of the Future
How are RFID and the Internet of Things bringing the supply chain concept into the future?
- Why IoT Companies Are Turning to Intelligent Data Distribution
Three core issues—latency, efficiency, and scale—must be addressed in order to solve the distribution dilemma.
- How the IoT Is Changing the Customer Experience and Improving Competitive Advantage
The Internet of Things, as well as data from connected devices and other digital technologies, can facilitate seamless customer service, rapid problem-solving and the more efficient deployment of skilled resources.
- 26 Billion Service Calls Will Cost a Bundle
What's your strategy for reducing costs and increasing efficiency in an IoT world?
- IoT and the Modern Facilities Manager
Unless a company considers how physical infrastructure will impact its overall performance, the risk of failure is vast.
- Five Ways in Which the Internet of Things Is Helping the Environment
Connectivity, sensor technology and all things IoT are helping to create a greener world.
- The Internet of Things: A Four-Lens Perspective
To succeed, your IoT strategy must focus not just on the technology, but also on the users and the business case.
- Why the IoT Is a Tool for Continuous Improvement
Consider how Amazon defines continuous improvement, and the role that Internet of Things technologies can play in that mission, to illuminate your firm's path into the IoT.
- On the Marriage of IoT and Prescriptive Analytics
Prescriptive analytics software can help retailers attain some of the unrealized promises that emerged with passive RFID technology.
- Graphene Batteries: A Marvel of Technology in the 21st Century
3D-printed graphene batteries and supercapacitors are set to make breakthroughs and power future generations of IoT devices—including vehicles.
- NB-IoT Standards Are Final: Now What?
With the standards in place, it's time for the industry to deliver on the promise of this low-power wide-area networking technology.
- Wearables Bring Back the Golden Age of Travel
Major innovations in air travel used to be left up to people like the Wright brothers and Amelia Earhart. Today, technology is ushering in a faster and more efficient travel experience. From full-body scanners to biometric chips in passports—and now wearables—technology defines the travel experience.