- Blesh's Bluetooth Beacons Take a Sneak Peek at Google's Physical Web
Blesh is supplying beacons designed to enable smartphones to receive and respond to beacon transmissions without requiring an app.
- IoT News Roundup
Uber steering toward autonomous cars; Intel expanding smart-home reach through Lantiq acquisition; Gartner survey shows plenty of excitement around IoT, but little leadership; ABI Research predicts sharp growth for smart glasses; Mobiquity, Relevant Solutions partner on mobile banking marketing.
- Federal Trade Commission Issues Report on the IoT, Privacy and Security
Comprising mostly findings from a November 2013 FTC workshop, the report makes a number of recommendations regarding best practices for data security, but does not call for specific legislation to regulate consumer-facing IoT products.
- Bluetooth Beacons Bring Services, Info to SeaWorld, LA Zoo Visitors
Both organizations are trialing a solution from The Experience Engine to deliver content to phone users as they walk through the parks, visit exhibits, or pass restaurants and gift shops.
- IoT News Roundup
Open Interconnect Consortium releases IoTivity platform; new sensor platforms for developers, do-it-yourselfers; U.S. Congress launching an IoT Caucus; Google shuttering consumer Google Glass product; Kontact.io shipping Cloud Beacon.
- Consumer Electronics Show News Roundup
Samsung investing in open IoT; FTC chief says security should not be an afterthought; BlackBerry launching IoT platform; Allseen Alliance releases gateway interface; Nvidia ups horsepower for car computers.
- Smart Glasses Finding Work Across Industries
When it comes to the Internet of Things, smart glasses have the potential to deliver big benefits to enterprise users.
- What the New Bluetooth Low Energy Standard Means for Your Business
On Dec. 3, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group rolled out Specification 4.2, which enables IP addressability and boosts security controls.
- Packed With Sensors, Thingsee One Is Like an IoT Guinea Pig
A team of former Nokia product developers is turning an asset tracker they developed for logistics applications into a tool for testing IoT applications.
- RFID Journal Introduces Internet of Things Conference
The new event will be co-located with RFID Journal LIVE! 2015, which will be held on Apr. 16-17, in San Diego, Calif.
- Smart Jewelry Maker Cuff Takes a New Route to Wearables
Deepa Sood, the company's founder, discusses her journey from printing 3D prototypes in her garage to generating nearly $1.4 million in sales in just a matter of months.
- Beam Me Up: The Internet of Things Meets the Internet of People
Suitable Technologies' BeamPro lets individuals "beam" into remote locations for meetings or experiences. Now, the company is entering the consumer market with the smaller, more affordable Beam+, designed for home use.
- MIT Researchers Test Nascent Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Scheme
Congestion-smoothing experiment highlights opportunities for smartphone manufacturers, automakers and cities.
- Radboud University Medical Center to Test Phillips Medical-Grade Wearable Device
The pilot program will test telehealth applications for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Phillips is also opening its HealthSuite Development Platform to application developers.