- To the Edge of the IoT and Beyond
As organizations overcome challenges involving speed and technology challenges, they stand to reap rich rewards from the Internet of Things.
- Smart Home: Top-Notch Technologies
A growing number of houses contain systems designed to make life easier and more comfortable, thanks to the Internet of Things.
- The Health of the IoT Depends on Cyber Security
It's time to change the framing around what cyber security means and how to adequately maintain the health of our digital networks.
- Zombie Outbreaks, Inoculations and the IoT
When fundamentally insecure devices are connected to the Internet of Things, this does a disservice not only to consumers, but to everything else on the internet.
- How Fitness Trackers Can Prevent Heart Attacks
In the near future, fitness trackers could double as heart-health trackers.
- Internet of Things: The Journey from Concept to Reality
The IoT is about far more than just hardware, smart devices and connectivity technologies.
- The Internet of Things: Three Key Security Considerations for SMEs
Here's how small and medium enterprises can safeguard their businesses and their customers in the IoT era.
- IoT Reality Check: What Happens When the Software Doesn't Work?
To get the Internet of Things right, you need to get the software right.
- IoT and Brand Management
With the Internet of Things, the advantage of doing something first can't come at the cost of doing something foolish.
- How Retailers Can Overcome Negative Perceptions of the Smart Home
There are still too many barriers standing between consumers and the truly smart—and easy—home.
- Planes, Trains and Connected Automobiles: Globalizing the IoT Requires Localization
When it comes to making Internet of Things products and services intuitive and seamless, cultural differences matter.
- The Current Problem With Value Creation in the IoT Smart Lighting Industry
Lighting is more than a basic necessity; it has the power to improve our well-being and health. But the IoT industry needs more than sensors to make smart lighting, well, smart.
- When Identity Management and the Internet of Things Collide, New Opportunities Emerge
Successful organizations must be able to securely manage ever-evolving devices and connected things, as well as the billions of relationships between these devices, their users and digital services that come with the IoT.
- An Elemental View of Workplace Wearables
Employees who regularly use their hands to build, move or fix things, or to monitor assets, can benefit from wearable technology. But it's important to first understand the full range of technologies that comprise wearables for the workplace.
- Why Your Servers May Be the Weakest Link in Your IoT Security
It's important to ensure both device- and application-level security—but don't stop there.