- Industrial Internet Consortium Launches Inaugural Testbed
Bosch and its partners are developing a testbed that documents how to create a track-and-trace program for hand tools in an industrial setting—to ensure not only easy access to the tools, but also their proper use.
- Del Papa Taps Into the IoT to Improve Beer Distribution Center
A new DC, built with IoT technology from the ground up, is helping Del Papa Distributing Co. to boost productivity while cutting energy use.
- National Instruments on Building an Industrial IoT Toolkit
NI, a provider of automated test equipment and virtual instrumentation software used in wireless sensor networks, is now helping its customers develop industrial Internet of Things solutions for applications such as factory automation and preventative maintenance.
- IoT News Roundup
Uber steering toward autonomous cars; Intel expanding smart-home reach through Lantiq acquisition; Gartner survey shows plenty of excitement around IoT, but little leadership; ABI Research predicts sharp growth for smart glasses; Mobiquity, Relevant Solutions partner on mobile banking marketing.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2015 to Feature Two Co-located Events
The 13th annual conference and exhibition will host a new Internet of Things Conference and IEEE RFID 2015.
- IoT News Roundup
Ofcom plans for IoT growth; Pragmatic IC receives funding boost; ON World survey shows growing confidence and interest in industrial IoT; Punch Through Design releases Windows app for developers; new pressure-sensitive safety pads from RF Technologies; Regen Energy, Ayla Networks team up on building energy-management solution.
- Small Bookseller Flips On the Switch for Beacons
Bluetooth beacons integrated into new LED lighting serves as a one-two punch for a better-lit store and increased customer outreach.
- Sensors Keep Experiments in Check at Weill Cornell Medical College
A network of Oceasoft sensors allow researchers in the life-sciences lab to keep tabs on essential equipment and environmental conditions within the lab—even when they're not working.
- Japan Airlines, Aeon Mall Test Solar-Powered Bluetooth Beacons
The two pilot projects are using a Dai Nippon Printing Co. solution, made with Spansion's beacons.
- How Bigbelly Evolved from a Waste-Management Firm to an IoT Company
The fast-growing business hopes to leverage a piece of vital urban infrastructure—the public waste bin—into a tool for deploying smart-city applications.
- B&B Electronics Seeks to Stake Its Industrial IoT Market Position With New Name, Partnership Network
The hardware company, now called B+B SmartWorx, has announced a large network of ecosystem partners that provide network and managed services.
- IoT News Roundup
Cisco ramps up software to analyze torrents of IoT-derived data; Link Labs, Semtech collaborate on long-range radio module; Spansion, Sensoplex fast-tracking wearables development; O3b launches new satellites to bring broadband to developing world.
- Libraries Check Out Bluetooth Beacons
Two beacon companies have developed unique solutions to help libraries send data about their programs or other details to patrons who download an app and then pass a library's beacons.
- Packed With Sensors, Thingsee One Is Like an IoT Guinea Pig
A team of former Nokia product developers is turning an asset tracker they developed for logistics applications into a tool for testing IoT applications.
- Senet Partners With IBM, Semtech, Others to Broaden M2M Reach
Armed with a new name and updated technology, Senet hopes to bring its low-power, long-range machine-to-machine services to a wide range of industries.