- Inventor Develops IoT Solution to Bedbug Problem
GUPSY's monitor uses a connected camera and insect trap that would act as an early-warning system for building owners or managers.
- Building a Smart Traffic Infrastructure in Palo Alto
By analyzing traffic patterns and parking availability, Palo Alto says it will not only make its streets safer and reduce congestion, but also play a part in the future of transportation.
- NY Waterway Turns Ferry Fleet Into Connected Network
Using an updated, IP-based surveillance system with gateways that aggregate and transmit multiple data streams to a cloud-based platform, the transit provider hopes to improve its fleet safety and communications capabilities.
- Heavy Equipment Manufacturer JCB India Boosts Service Revenue With Livelink
After integrating a telematics system into its construction equipment and offering a subscription service to help fleet owners manage the vehicles, the company has seen an uptick in service work.
- Cisco Acquiring IoT Platform Provider Jasper for $1.4 Billion
The networking device maker says Jasper's platform has enabled thousands of companies to turn products into Internet of Things services.
- Survey Reveals End Users' Priorities for Deploying, Staffing IoT Projects
TEKSystem commissioned a survey of more than 200 IT and business professionals last fall, in order to better understand their IoT strategies and staffing needs.
- Tracking Tractors: Fliegl's Beacon System Adds Visibility to Grain Movements
The German manufacturer of farm equipment has expanded its automated grain-weighing system to include beacon-based technology that ties the product to the vehicles that harvest and transport it.
- Consumer and Industrial IoT Merge at Bosch Assembly Plant
A control systems engineer has created a solution that uses the Pebble smart watch to alert assembly line workers regarding production faults, and says it has boosted productivity—and morale.
- RFID Professional Institute to Sponsor 10th Annual RFID Journal Awards—the Most Prestigious Awards Recognizing Industry Excellence
RFID Journal is now accepting submissions for next year's awards, which will be presented at LIVE! 2016, to be held in Orlando on May 3-5.
- IOT News Roundup
Device Solutions' LoRa system for end-to-end automation; ARM's embed IOT suite; Ericsson-Cisco partnership; Virtual Software Systems' cybersecurity solution; Ingenu's 30-city rollout; Juniper's smart-toy study; Proximus deploying LoRa in Belgium, Luxembourg.
- In Mexico, Fueling a Fix for Gas Refills
For gas companies in Mexico, the process of refilling a customer's liquefied petroleum gas tanks is a guessing game. A startup called Nube plans to use IoT technology to change that.
- The IoT Weaves Service, Marketing and Inventory at House of Blue Jeans
A small retail store in The Netherlands is using a range of technologies to help shoppers find what they're looking for—and have fun doing so.
- Numerex Launches Managed Service for Asset Tracking
The new offering is designed to help manufacturers or logistics providers keep tabs on valuable mobile assets.
- TempuTech Smartens Up Grain Management With GE Platform
By bringing both of its grain bin management products into a single cloud-based interface, the company has created a simpler, more responsive interface for its customers.
- Industrial Internet Consortium Launches New Industrial Testbed
Infosys is leading the group's latest testbed project, for which it is creating a repeatable approach to tracking (and improving) asset efficiency in industrial applications.