- Building the IoT on a Responsive Data Architecture
To get the most out of the Internet of Things, companies and industries must first address data-integration issues.
- The Internet of Things: A Four-Lens Perspective
To succeed, your IoT strategy must focus not just on the technology, but also on the users and the business case.
- How to Really Plug Into the IoT
The Internet of Things comprises countless wireless devices, but in many use cases, wireless connectivity is not the best approach for connecting nodes to an IoT network.
- Why the IoT Is a Tool for Continuous Improvement
Consider how Amazon defines continuous improvement, and the role that Internet of Things technologies can play in that mission, to illuminate your firm's path into the IoT.
- On the Marriage of IoT and Prescriptive Analytics
Prescriptive analytics software can help retailers attain some of the unrealized promises that emerged with passive RFID technology.
- Graphene Batteries: A Marvel of Technology in the 21st Century
3D-printed graphene batteries and supercapacitors are set to make breakthroughs and power future generations of IoT devices—including vehicles.
- NB-IoT Standards Are Final: Now What?
With the standards in place, it's time for the industry to deliver on the promise of this low-power wide-area networking technology.
- What Does Brexit Mean for the Internet of Things?
Britain's exit from the European Union is creating massive uncertainty for the U.K. economy. Technology firms, including IoT players, face potential challenges to their markets, funding and workforces, but they can also take advantage of fresh opportunities.
- Wearables Bring Back the Golden Age of Travel
Major innovations in air travel used to be left up to people like the Wright brothers and Amelia Earhart. Today, technology is ushering in a faster and more efficient travel experience. From full-body scanners to biometric chips in passports—and now wearables—technology defines the travel experience.
- Internet of Things: The Journey from Concept to Reality
The IoT is about far more than just hardware, smart devices and connectivity technologies.
- The Internet of Things: Three Key Security Considerations for SMEs
Here's how small and medium enterprises can safeguard their businesses and their customers in the IoT era.
- A Guide to Preparing Your IT Team for Enterprise IoT
The Internet of Things offers businesses myriad benefits, but it can also overwhelm your IT team if not managed properly.
- IoT and Brand Management
With the Internet of Things, the advantage of doing something first can't come at the cost of doing something foolish.
- Three Guidelines to Ensure IoT Availability at Industrial Scale
The Internet of Things' potential to improve industrial processes is huge. But so is its potential to derail them—unless these important safeguards are put into place.
- How the IoT Will Impact Corporate IT Organizations
Internet of Things technology has implications across IT organizations, from day-to-day tasks to more fundamental shifts.