- MIT Researchers Test Nascent Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Scheme
Congestion-smoothing experiment highlights opportunities for smartphone manufacturers, automakers and cities.
- Sensors Turn Parking Meters Into Parking Helpers
In the small California city of Walnut Creek, parking sensors offer data access and visibility for public and private parking services.
- Enevo Sensors Monitor Trash, Recycling Bins for Optimized Collection
The four-year-old Finnish company provides a solution that tells municipalities and private collection companies how full their waste containers are.
- Major Beacon Deployment Takes Off at Miami International Airport
Assisted by SITA Lab, the airport has deployed hundreds of Bluetooth beacons to encourage app development, and to give SITA's common use registry a test flight.
- PostNL Tracks Temperature-Sensitive Pharmaceuticals Via RFID
The company has installed SenseAnywhere active UHF transceivers and receivers within the postal vehicles it operates in Belgium.