- IoT News Roundup
Semtech LoRa technology selected for Australia's first IoT network ••• CALLUP to introduce remote SIM card management system for the IoT ••• Bridge Alliance, Gemalto offer eSIM solution for consumer IoT devices ••• Itron, Bsquare provide app community for grid edge devices ••• SALUS Controls chooses Ayla Networks to connect smart building products to the IoT ••• Microsoft intros new blockchain product-tracking project ••• Red Ledge launches open RFID- and IIoT-ready asset-management system ••• MITRE announces winner of Internet of Things challenge.
- How Singapore Is Using the IoT to Build a Smart-Nation Platform
Chan Cheow Hoe, Singapore's chief information officer, says Internet of Things technologies are playing a role in most of the city-state's projects regarding transportation, health care and environmental sustainability.
- To Stand Out in the Field, Filter Manufacturer Adds IoT
Donaldson is offering its customers a means for remotely tracking the filters' lifespan, with the goal of keeping their operations flowing smoothly.
- Busses Inch Toward Autonomous Operation
Transit agencies are beginning to rely on IoT networks to improve safety and offer commuters new, energy-efficient modes of transport.
- Pitney Bowes' SmartLink Connects Metering Machines to the Cloud
By retrofitting its postage meters, the company hopes to make it easier for its small and midsize customers to use and update the machines via the IoT.
- Taylor Romero's DIY Path to an Internet-Connected Store
With his barbershop and men's boutique Spruce, Taylor Romero forged his own path to smart retail.
- Vaccine Smart-Fridge Aims to Make Drug Storage Foolproof
By combining sensor-enabled, purpose-built refrigerators and freezers with cloud-based software to control inventory and manage safety alerts, Weka Health Solutions says it is making vaccine management easy and safe for physicians' offices.
- Citibank Tests Beacon Apps in NYC Branches
The bank is teaming up with Gimbal to send messages to app-using banking customers at 10 branches, and to enable them to unlock ATM lobby doors with their smartphones.
- Heavy Equipment Manufacturer JCB India Boosts Service Revenue With Livelink
After integrating a telematics system into its construction equipment and offering a subscription service to help fleet owners manage the vehicles, the company has seen an uptick in service work.
- Tracking Tractors: Fliegl's Beacon System Adds Visibility to Grain Movements
The German manufacturer of farm equipment has expanded its automated grain-weighing system to include beacon-based technology that ties the product to the vehicles that harvest and transport it.
- Consumer and Industrial IoT Merge at Bosch Assembly Plant
A control systems engineer has created a solution that uses the Pebble smart watch to alert assembly line workers regarding production faults, and says it has boosted productivity—and morale.
- RFID Professional Institute to Sponsor 10th Annual RFID Journal Awards—the Most Prestigious Awards Recognizing Industry Excellence
RFID Journal is now accepting submissions for next year's awards, which will be presented at LIVE! 2016, to be held in Orlando on May 3-5.
- Numerex Launches Managed Service for Asset Tracking
The new offering is designed to help manufacturers or logistics providers keep tabs on valuable mobile assets.
- Industrial Internet Consortium Launches New Industrial Testbed
Infosys is leading the group's latest testbed project, for which it is creating a repeatable approach to tracking (and improving) asset efficiency in industrial applications.
- IoT News Roundup
AT&T, Samsung and AirWatch sponsor new Georgia Tech lab; JFK airport uses BLIP Systems tech to track wait times; Skypatrol, Vodafone partner on M2M; New Braunfels, Texas, transitions to smart meters.