- The Internet of Things: A Four-Lens Perspective
To succeed, your IoT strategy must focus not just on the technology, but also on the users and the business case.
- Why the IoT Is a Tool for Continuous Improvement
Consider how Amazon defines continuous improvement, and the role that Internet of Things technologies can play in that mission, to illuminate your firm's path into the IoT.
- On the Marriage of IoT and Prescriptive Analytics
Prescriptive analytics software can help retailers attain some of the unrealized promises that emerged with passive RFID technology.
- Graphene Batteries: A Marvel of Technology in the 21st Century
3D-printed graphene batteries and supercapacitors are set to make breakthroughs and power future generations of IoT devices—including vehicles.
- NB-IoT Standards Are Final: Now What?
With the standards in place, it's time for the industry to deliver on the promise of this low-power wide-area networking technology.
- Wearables Bring Back the Golden Age of Travel
Major innovations in air travel used to be left up to people like the Wright brothers and Amelia Earhart. Today, technology is ushering in a faster and more efficient travel experience. From full-body scanners to biometric chips in passports—and now wearables—technology defines the travel experience.
- A Guide to Preparing Your IT Team for Enterprise IoT
The Internet of Things offers businesses myriad benefits, but it can also overwhelm your IT team if not managed properly.
- Three Guidelines to Ensure IoT Availability at Industrial Scale
The Internet of Things' potential to improve industrial processes is huge. But so is its potential to derail them—unless these important safeguards are put into place.
- How the IoT Will Impact Corporate IT Organizations
Internet of Things technology has implications across IT organizations, from day-to-day tasks to more fundamental shifts.
- Maximizing Big Data's Potential With the Internet of Things
Collecting data is just the first step. Before deploying an IoT solution, plan ahead and consider how you'll leverage data's value.
- From Flying Parts to Smart Pipelines, the Things of the Industrial IoT
In order for the industrial Internet of Things to take off, we need to ensure that billions of things are communicating, collaborating and sharing data efficiently and securely.
- The Next Wave of the Internet of Things Starts With RFID
As we head into the third wave of the IoT, in which everything is connected in an open ecosystem, RFID is emerging as a handy tool for tying objects, systems and networks together in a cost-effective manner.
- The Real World of Active RFID Tags
Here's how the technology is being used today to solve real problems, and what's in store for the future.