- Small Tamper-evident Beacon Aims to Prevent Product Theft and Fraud
Companies are purchasing Bluvision's new BEEKs Mini Tamper Proof Tag to protect their high-value assets or supplies, by detecting if someone breaks the beacon adhesive, and then receiving alerts based on that action.
- Audio Chip Leverages NFC, BLE for IoT-Enabled Speakers
Manufacturers of speakers and other devices are building NFC-enabled products to allow automated Wi-Fi connections or Bluetooth pairing, and are employing BLE mesh functionality to use the devices as part of an Internet of Things network in a user's home or other facility.
- Bluvision Boasts New RTLS-EZ Solution Deploys Within Hours
The system uses Bluetooth Low Energy gateways that plug into outlets, as well as beacons and cloud-based software, to enable a fast and low-cost solution for RTLS tracking with granularity down to 1 meter.
- Burglars Stung by IoT Bees in Santa Clara
Technology startup Roambee helped police locate the company's own stolen goods with its Internet of Things devices used to track assets and shipments via GPS, cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy functionality.
- New Generation of Mobile IoT Is Changing Consumer Experiences
Startups with solutions that employ Bluetooth Low Energy, Eddystone and traditional Bluetooth will help consumers find their personal property, view product content without an app at stores, and share music from a phone with multiple speakers or devices.
- Kiev Discount Store Pilots Beacons for Loyalty, Analytics
Auchan is providing promotional information to customers as they arrive at the store, while also collecting analytics to understand shopper traffic and behavior in each of its product aisles.
- Beacons Bring Little India History to Singapore Visitors and Residents
The National Heritage Board is piloting a system that enables visitors to learn about the attractions around them as they walk along the BLE-enabled Little India Heritage Trail.