Brazilian Government's IoT Study Releases First Results
A recent report, titled "Internet of Things: An Action Plan for Brazil," cites five lessons from the project.
Lesson 3: Governments Seek to Create Appropriate Ecosystems and Reduce Innovation Risk
• Cluster training: Startups and other companies in specific areas of cities should be gathered to exchange experience and conduct new business.
• Encouraging SMEs and startups: An entrepreneurial culture should be fostered by reducing bureaucracy and taxes, and by spreading the benefits of entrepreneurship.
• Public procurement: The demand for innovation by the public sector should be used to encourage innovation and leverage IoT companies.
Lesson 4: It Is Necessary to Invest in the Formation of Human Resources
• Public policies should be linked in order to increase capacity, and to offer employment opportunities.
• Information technology, computer skills and programming should be introduced starting in elementary school.
• Universities and industries should be connected.
• Governments must take steps to open and expand channels of cooperation between industries and universities.
• Industry events should be promoted.
• Workshops, conferences and training on specific topics related to the IoT should be organized.
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
Sign up for the RFID Journal Newsletter
We will never sell or share your information
|RFID Journal LIVE!||RFID in Health Care||LIVE! LatAm||LIVE! Brasil||LIVE! Europe||RFID Connect||Virtual Events||RFID Journal Awards||Webinars||Presentations|