- IoT News Roundup, Part One
Industrial IoT solutions from FreeWave Technologies provide weather data for Mount Washington Observatory ••• Infiswift, Solar Power International partner on IoT-based solar PV performance management system ••• Kerlink, Stream Technologies combine IoT solutions for rapid ramp-up of LoRaWAN connectivity ••• Yepzon, Orange Business Services sign agreement for wearable locator devices ••• Laird launches small MIMO wideband iDAS antennas ••• Industrial Internet Consortium, Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association sign memorandum of understanding ••• Ericsson intros small cell solutions for Internet of Things ••• Inmarsat claims global skills shortage puts IoT development at risk.
- OSIsoft, Petasense Partner to Help Industrial Customers Launch IIoT-based Predictive-Maintenance System
The partnership will enable industrial customers to retrofit their machinery with wireless sensors and perform predictive maintenance using both asset and process control data.
- Podsystem Group Intros New Brand, Innovations in IoT Connectivity at Mobile World Congress Americas
Under the new brand, the company name has been shortened to Pod Group, and the divisions have been renamed PodM2M and Pod Solutions, in line with the group brand.
- Benton County Electric System Solves Connectivity Issues via the IoT
BCES solves metering infrastructure connectivity in remote areas using BGAN M2M solution from Inmarsat and Network Innovations.
- IOT News Roundup
Turkcell rolls out narrow-band IoT network across Turkey ••• Sigfox provides Internet of Things wireless network to City of Buffalo ••• OSRAM acquires software platform provider Digital Lumens Inc. ••• TraqIQ completes two acquisitions to form IoT and data-analytics public company ••• ChikPea to demonstrate IoT devices ••• Machfu raises $1.6 million to accelerate IIoT deployments in energy, smart water ••• Embraco unveils IoT-enabled refrigerator solution ••• SPYRUS announces security platform for Internet of Things ••• Logic Supply launches industrial PC for IIoT, image-processing applications.
- CPqD Launches IoT Solution for Smart Cities
The Internet of Things system, developed in partnership with Exati, offers a gateway that manages a wireless communication network via public lighting.
- Consumer-Facing NFC Comes to RFID Supply Chain Management System
eAgile's eLink brings NFC and UHF RFID together in a single tag that can be built into medication or product caps, seals or labels, so that it can be tracked through the supply chain via UHF and interrogated by consumers using an app.
- Hewlett-Packard Factory Showcases Internet of Things Advances in Brazil
At a recent GS1 event, HP Brazil's success story with its Exceler8 platform was presented as an example of the real business benefits resulting from RFID.
- ABRFID Award to Recognize Companies and Personality in Brazilian RFID Industry
The first edition of the prize will be given to companies in three vertical categories, as well as in the GS1 EPCglobal category, and as a tribute to a distinguished professional in the radio frequency identification sector.
- IoT News Roundup
ORBCOMM launches cold chain monitoring solution ••• Cubic Telecom closes €40 million in Series C IoT investment round ••• Zinnov Zones study gives eInfochips high marks for its IoT technology ••• Opto 22 intros IoT certification program for systems integrators ••• IoT software provider Runtime earns Open Connectivity Foundation award.
- Culligan Builds First Smart-Home Product on Ayla IoT Platform
The Culligan Connect solution for HE water softeners lets dealers and homeowners remotely monitor and control their water softener systems.
- Prolitec Intros Environmental Scenting System that Employs Smart Internet of Things Devices
The ScenXus system uses Prolitec's IoT platform and the cloud to monitor and control the performance quality of the company's ambient scenting services.
- Cambium Networks Launches Wireless Broadband Point-to-Point ePMP Bridge-in-a-Box
The solution provides 200 Mbps of high-speed connectivity in the unlicensed spectrum that spans up to 10 miles.
- Industrial Internet Consortium, Edge Computing Consortium Sign Memorandum of Understanding
Under the terms of the agreement, the consortia will maximize interoperability and portability for the industrial Internet.