IoT News Roundup, Part One
Kinetica predicts AI, IoT use cases will drive demand for next-gen databases ••• Mining businesses identify IoT as essential to gaining competitive edge, says Inmarsat ••• Theatro receives IoT connected retail application award ••• BuildingDNA wins smart-city solution award ••• PoLTE announces LTE cloud-computing location architecture for mobile, IoT devices ••• Kerlink supports expansion of Senet LP-WAN for commercial deployments, IoT demos.
- RFID in Aerospace and Defense 2017 Report
Last month, RFID Journal held a conference and exhibition for the defense and aerospace sectors. View the presentations from the event.
- Tieto Corp. Beacon Solution Brings Intelligence to Offices
The system, provided by Quuppa, has helped the company to increase sales and productivity, understand how its workspace is being used and automatically enable the utilization of rooms.
- Kerlink Supplies 1,000 Stations to Expand and Densify Proximus's LoRaWAN IoT Network in Belgium
Eight hundred more stations for the network are expected to be deployed within that country in the future.
- NetObjex Demonstrates Decentralized Smart-Parking Solution With Cryptocurrency Payment
The IoT-blockchain platform company recently demonstrated a payment solution using the IOTA decentralized network and cryptocurrency.
- Smart Label Solutions, Brazil's Mozaiko Sign RFID Partnership
The two companies have forged a commercial alliance aimed at distributing the latter's RFID and IoT solutions in the United States.
- Activa-ID Launches 'IoT Place' Project
With this initiative, the company seeks to encourage the use of new technologies aimed at the Internet of Things, automation and interactivity.
- Synergy Donates IoT Equipment to Tree Lab
The Dom Cabral Foundation's laboratory is focused on preparing professionals for business models using the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies.
- Cargotec Develops Intelligent Cargo Handling With Global IoT Connectivity Services From Orange Business Services
The companies have signed a three-year, multimillion-euro agreement to keep goods moving efficiently and safely.
- Avnet Announces New IoT Services
The company's latest Internet of Things services will be showcased next month at CES 2018 in Las Vegas.
- Hitachi High-Tech Solutions Signs Strategic Partnership Agreement With Equity Participation in Flutura
According to the company, the accelerated deployment of artificial intelligence enables IIoT solutions for industrial companies.
- Portnox Predicts Strong Future for IoT Security, Cloud and Network Access Control
With IDC estimating 200 billion connected devices by 2020, the promise of a global Internet of Things is fast approaching, posing a new level of threats to connected organizations.
- Zigbee Alliance, Thread Group Address IoT Industry Fragmentation With Dotdot Specification over Thread's IP Network
Dotdot over Thread offers an open, interoperable Internet of Things language running over an IP-based network.
- Augmate to Integrate IOTA for IoT Device-Management Platform Using Distributed Ledger Technology
IOTA's Tangle will be the initial protocol within Augmate Connect to support an interoperable platform using feeless transactions.
- Bsquare, Amazon, Microsoft Partner to Drive Industrial IoT Data Visualizations
Amazon QuickSight and Microsoft's Power BI can help DataV customers build and share custom cross-system reports that include complex and critical IIoT data.