- Welsh Museums Deliver Extra Content Via Bluetooth Beacons
National Museum Wales has developed the Culture Beacon app that will be used at numerous museums, castles and schools to present more information to visitors, based on their location.
- Packed With Sensors, Thingsee One Is Like an IoT Guinea Pig
A team of former Nokia product developers is turning an asset tracker they developed for logistics applications into a tool for testing IoT applications.
- Mexican State Agency Reduces Donated Blood Wastage With RFID
Veracruz's health department has improved the visibility of the bags of blood products it sends to hospitals, by tracking their temperatures, locations and details, such as expiration dates.
- IOT News Roundup
Vendor research bodes well for beacon-using retailers this holiday season; the FAA will soon issue rules on drone use; Jasper and Telkomsel bringing IoT services to Indonesia.
- Powered With Printable Electronics and Sensors, Smart Apparel Is Reaching for Stretch Goals
Technology, textile and electronics companies are merging their expertise to create smart workout gear.
- At Nashville's Music City Center, Beacons Help Visitors Find Their Way
The city's vast convention center has deployed a Bluetooth beacon solution, developed by Vanderbilt University researchers, that keeps things moving.
- Senet Partners With IBM, Semtech, Others to Broaden M2M Reach
Armed with a new name and updated technology, Senet hopes to bring its low-power, long-range machine-to-machine services to a wide range of industries.
- IoT News Roundup
Forrester survey finds firms focused on IoT to boost customer service; Songdo "smart city" to host SparkLab IoT accelerator program; ETSI announces spec for embedded M2M modules.
- ZigBee Alliance Announces Six-in-One Standard Designed for All Users
The organization says the new standard allows a range of applications and was enabled by hardware advances.
- For Mining, Construction Firms, Flying Robots Keep Projects on Track
Companies in the extractive industries—including Rio Tinto—and in building construction are using aerial imaging to keep projects running smoothly and safely. We spoke with drone services provider SkyCatch about the top use cases end users are chasing.
- RFID Journal Introduces Internet of Things Conference
The new event will be co-located with RFID Journal LIVE! 2015, which will be held on Apr. 16-17, in San Diego, Calif.
- Smart Jewelry Maker Cuff Takes a New Route to Wearables
Deepa Sood, the company's founder, discusses her journey from printing 3D prototypes in her garage to generating nearly $1.4 million in sales in just a matter of months.
- IoT News Roundup
Telefónica launches DIY IoT package; STMicroelectronics bridging MEMS cost-performance gap; M2Mi joins Industrial Internet Consortium; Big dollars around the Internet of Things.
- NXP Seeks to Drive NFC Phone App Use in Cars
The semiconductor company says its new controller is the first in a portfolio of products aimed at helping app developers and automakers bring NFC-activated features and functions to the automotive market.