- Government and Corporate Programs Seek to Stoke IoT Innovations
Through programs such as the Global City Teams Challenge and Google's search for IoT research projects, public and private organizations are looking to move the Internet of Things from concept to reality.
- Eyeing Environmental Monitoring, Oceasoft Rolls Out Sigfox-compliant Sensors
The French wireless sensor provider is expanding beyond its core business in the life-sciences sector by enabling long-range, low-power sensors that communicate via Sigfox's protocol and network.
- IoT News Roundup
Cisco ramps up software to analyze torrents of IoT-derived data; Link Labs, Semtech collaborate on long-range radio module; Spansion, Sensoplex fast-tracking wearables development; O3b launches new satellites to bring broadband to developing world.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2015 to Feature Eight Preconference Seminars
New topics in this year's program include RFID-enabled smart products and experiential marketing with RFID.
- Libraries Check Out Bluetooth Beacons
Two beacon companies have developed unique solutions to help libraries send data about their programs or other details to patrons who download an app and then pass a library's beacons.
- IoT News Roundup
Intel debuts IoT platform; Researchers weave smart fabric for biomedical uses; Gimbal announces new beacon with 18-month battery life; SoftBank licenses GE's Industrial Internet software, Predix; Smart suitcase sparks crowd-funding fervor.
- Lively, Vodafone Join Forces on Safety System for Elders
Using Bluetooth-based motion sensors, a wristwatch and a cellular network connection, Lively hopes to help older adults live independently, while assuring family members of their safety.
- When the IoT Meets the Bank Vault
Using middleware developed for IoT applications, Diebold's SecureStat merges many security systems into a single IT dashboard.
- What the New Bluetooth Low Energy Standard Means for Your Business
On Dec. 3, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group rolled out Specification 4.2, which enables IP addressability and boosts security controls.
- Welsh Museums Deliver Extra Content Via Bluetooth Beacons
National Museum Wales has developed the Culture Beacon app that will be used at numerous museums, castles and schools to present more information to visitors, based on their location.
- Packed With Sensors, Thingsee One Is Like an IoT Guinea Pig
A team of former Nokia product developers is turning an asset tracker they developed for logistics applications into a tool for testing IoT applications.
- Mexican State Agency Reduces Donated Blood Wastage With RFID
Veracruz's health department has improved the visibility of the bags of blood products it sends to hospitals, by tracking their temperatures, locations and details, such as expiration dates.
- IOT News Roundup
Vendor research bodes well for beacon-using retailers this holiday season; the FAA will soon issue rules on drone use; Jasper and Telkomsel bringing IoT services to Indonesia.
- Powered With Printable Electronics and Sensors, Smart Apparel Is Reaching for Stretch Goals
Technology, textile and electronics companies are merging their expertise to create smart workout gear.