- Zebra Launches Zatar 'Internet of Things' Service for RFID Readers, Networked Devices
The service lets users track the location and manage the operation of RFID readers, printers and other networked devices, via a cloud-based server.
- RFID Special Achievement Award: The Man Who Changed the World
Kevin Ashton worked tirelessly to make his vision of inexpensive, ubiquitous and standardized RFID a reality.
- When Things Talk to One Another
Lower-power, wireless mesh-networking devices will enable objects to communicate without conventional RFID readers.
- Using Wireless Technologies to Fight Camera Theft
If every digital camera contained a SIM or RFID module, it could log into its manufacturer's product-authentication database when switched on and, if stolen, report its whereabouts and disable itself until returned to its rightful owner.
- CASAGRAS Says the Internet of Things Should Be More Than RFID
An interim report argues that the network linking the virtual and the physical worlds should make use of all automatic identification and data capture technologies, as well as other sensor and communication technologies.
- Kevin Ashton May Change the World
The Auto-ID Center Executive Director's vision of an open system for tracking goods with low-cost RFID tags will have an effect on nearly everyone someday.