- RIOgaleão Airport Adopts 3,000 BLE Beacons
Internet of Things technology is helping passengers at the main airport in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, find services via their smartphones.
- Indian IoT Market Expected to Grow By 28.2 Percent from 2016 to 2022
Although the market is at its nascent stage, it has registered key growth backed by an increase in the number of connected devices, coupled with increasing internet penetration. Exponential growth is anticipated during the coming years.
- Farmer's Fridge and the Internet of Salads
The Chicago-based startup is scaling up its fresh-made salad vending system, and hopes to see the technology deployed at 100 locations next year.
- IoT News Roundup
NFC Forum unveils tag-certification initiative, calls for participation; DHS releases strategic principles for securing Internet of Things; Gooee partners with PointGrab to enhance smart lighting platform; Oracle buys Dynamic Network Services.
- PRESS RELEASE: Asavie's iSimplyConnect.com Provides Secure, Configurable Connectivity to the Internet of Things
The new connectivity marketplace enables mobile network operators to offer on-demand configurable connectivity to the developer community and OEMs.
- IoT News Roundup
Predix gets traction with Exelon license, GE announces software upgrades and new acquisition; Zebra's new handheld devices work and feel like smartphones; SAP announces smart parking application and IoT product-development tools; myDevices unveils LoRa network builder; Tapestry Solutions adds IoT capabilities to software platform.
- PRESS RELEASE: Confidex Announces Modular NFC Tag Portfolio for High-Volume Applications
The product line offers multiple options regarding chip memory, label materials and optional services for printing, encoding and branding.
- RFID Journal Announces Acquisition by Emerald Expositions
RFID Journal LIVE!, as well as the company's regional and industry events and news website, will be strengthened by Emerald's resources.
- Great River Energy Fosters Secure, Smart Grid
The electricity cooperative recently selected Full Spectrum to provide its wireless data communications backbone to support critical communications and smart-grid applications.
- How Singapore Is Using the IoT to Build a Smart-Nation Platform
Chan Cheow Hoe, Singapore's chief information officer, says Internet of Things technologies are playing a role in most of the city-state's projects regarding transportation, health care and environmental sustainability.
- Malibu to Enable Consumers to Order Drinks With a Twist
The maker of flavored rums plans to introduce RFID-enabled coconut-shaped drinking cups to clubs, bars and festivals by summer 2017.
- After a Quick Germination, The Things Network Takes Root Slowly
A new partnership, announced Monday, should put the company back on track for shipping gateways and nodes to backers worldwide.
- IOT News Roundup
A flood of security-related news, from zombie light bulbs to new credentialing tools for embedded device makers; Nokia tests NB-IoT; Panasonic, Colo. Department of Transport collaborating on connected car technology; Onyx announces beacon-based asset tracking.
- How Residential Insurers Are Approaching the IoT
Internet of Things technology is set to deeply impact every type of insurance product and all categories of insurers. Here, we survey how and why residential insurance providers are looking to leverage smart-home products.