- People Power to Join China Mobile's Digital Home Cooperation Alliance to Strategically Advance Smart-Home Efforts
The Alliance enhances market solutions with new technologies that enable smart-home offerings through unified protocols and improved, intelligent services.
- Mojix's New Reader Antenna, App and Blockchain Aim for Real-Time Visibility
Retailers and brands are piloting the TurboAntenna to capture the locations of tagged items in stores or stockrooms in real time, and the Retail Task Management App to enable store personnel to manage inventory and share tasks using their smartphone or tablet.
- IoT News Roundup
One2Touch NFC platform provides continuous communications capabilities ••• Bosch showcases sensor solutions for connected mobility, Industry 4.0, logistics ••• Gemalto launches LTE Cat. M1 wireless module for IoT ••• Telink Semiconductor's RF system-on-chip passes ZigBee 3.0 certification tests ••• Senet, STMicroelectronics, myDevices demo LPWAN technology ••• Imec works with City of Antwerp, Flanders to establish smart-city Living Lab ••• Gooee partners with Lumicenter on IoT lighting products.
- U.S. Senators Re-introduce 'Developing Innovation and Growing the Internet of Things Act'
The bipartisan DIGIT Act puts the United States on track to become a global IoT leader.
- Infographic: The Industrial IoT—A Timeline of Revolutionary Technology
A new infographic from Kepware examines the history of the Industrial Internet of Things.
- Bristol Airport Adopts BlipTrack Passenger-Flow Technology
The system enables the airport to streamline operations and boost the traveler experience.
- SAP Introduces Jump-Start Enablement Program for SAP Leonardo IoT Portfolio
Promotional pricing and consultative services will help customers adopt successful IoT strategies.
- Qorvo, Ubisys Partner to Develop IoTivity Platform on Multi-stack Chip
The solution allows devices to communicate by integrating a ZigBee 3.0 and Green Power-based smart-home network within the OCF IoTivity framework.
- TrackR Partners With Brocade, GeoZilla to Improve Tracking of Assets, Personal Items
The Brocade collaboration will enable end users to monitor high-value assets in real time, while the GeoZilla agreement will make it easier for families to manage their belongings.
- OTA Calls IoT Cyberattacks 'Shot Across the Bow'
The coalition has released new connected device developer requirements for the Internet of Things.
- Bttn Launches Connected Hardware Button for U.S. Mass Markets
The device combines APIs, a cloud-based management and configuration toolset, and IoT connectivity technology from Sigfox.
- Ayla Networks Announces IoT Platform Updates for Manufacturers, Adds Amazon Alexa Integration
The platform makes it easier and more convenient for manufacturers to manage their IoT products. Manufacturers with products connected to the Ayla IoT cloud can connect and configure Alexa voice control almost instantly.
- IoT News Roundup
ZigBee Alliance creates universal language for Internet of Things; Gobot releases new version of its open-source robotics and IoT framework; Canon intros stepper for Internet of Things and artificial intelligence manufacturing markets; Fibocom unveils thin IoT module with global 3G/2G fallback; Semtech LoRa technology enables nationwide LPWAN in Canada; Everest Group study gives HCL high marks for IoT services.
- Qorvo Releases Multi-protocol System-on-Chip for Secure Smart Homes
The new platform is designed to help users mitigate uncertainty surrounding future Internet of Things standards.