IoT News Roundup
FogHorn, Google Cloud partner to provide IIoT solution; Most U.S. insurance carriers are unprepared to leverage IoT data for strategic business needs, says LexisNexis Risk Solutions; STMicroelectronics to showcase connectivity solutions for smart buildings, completes Alibaba IoT validation for its products; SURE Universal predicts telcos will take over IoT; Io-Tahoe announces general availability of machine learning-driven smart-data discovery platform; author Maciej Kranz releases workbook on building the Internet of Things; Connecthings launches IoT pilot program with Capital Metro.
- IEEE Issues Call for IoT Papers
Papers are invited for the IEEE IoT Vertical and Topical Alaska Summit.
- Verve Adds Acuity Brands IoT Solutions to Location-Based Mobile Marketing Platform
Verve will leverage Atrius Platform Services, notably the Atrius Navigator indoor positioning software development kit and administration tools, to extend its in-store and out-of-store engagement solutions and shopper insights for brands and retailers.
- Trillium Secure Crowned Middleweight Champion at Japan's 'Get in the Ring' Competition
The company will next move on to the Get in the Ring Global Meetup, in Portugal.
- CORT Business Services, Tango Mobile Launch IoT Platform for Workplace Optimization
The platform harnesses data from sensors and integrates it with disparate software systems to provide a single dashboard of actionable insights.
- European Care Homes Track Patient Rolling in Beds
An IoT-based solution from digitalAngel, using Nalta software and Dell Boomi connectivity, allows facilities such as Carehome Zorgspectrum to identify which patients need to be rolled over, in order to prevent bed sores.
- RFID Journal LIVE! in Retail to Co-locate With IRCE, GlobalShop Under New RetailX Concept in 2019
The combined event will bring leading designers, innovators, technologies, manufacturers and e-commerce together at one fully integrated retail event.
- IBM Institute for Business Value Releases Report on IoT Security
The report outlines the vulnerabilities that industrial and utility companies face from the Internet of Things—and how to mitigate them.
- IoT News Roundup
Industrial Internet Consortium releases security best practices white paper, announces steering committee election results; Inmarsat says IoT helps transport, logistics sectors drive down carbon footprint; Ecom intros industrial tablet for Internet of Things applications; Houston Communications adds SkyBitz Transportation solutions to its networking and communications offerings.
- Unified Office Combines Total Connect Now Communications Services Into Single Management Portal
The TCN Operations Management Suite enables customers to see, configure and manage their entire business from one integrated portal.
- Orange Business Services Signs Smart-City Consulting Agreement With Jeddah Economic
The company will design ICT infrastructure and smart services for the world's tallest tower.
- Moscow Boosts Public Vehicle Efficiency With Internet of Things Technology
The Department of Information Technologies' IoT system is tracking the locations and status of 22,000 vehicles throughout the Russian city, to automate dispatching and thereby reduce fuel overconsumption; next, it plans to examine the possibility of tracking vehicle driver activity via wristbands or brain-wave sensors.
- Cisco NB-IoT Platform Now Commercially Available Worldwide
The system makes it practical and profitable for companies to deliver connected services via low-cost, low-power devices.
- Sunsea Telecommunications Uses Ayla IoT Platform for Chinese Service Providers' IoT Initiatives
Using the technology as an IoT operating system can help telecom companies leverage the IoT to monetize their networks.
- IoT News Roundup
NXP Semiconductors, Kontron collaborate on edge computing for Industrial IoT ••• Gozio Health adds Acuity Brands' IoT indoor positioning solution to its wayfinding mobile platform ••• Cypress Semiconductor Corp. offers software suite to accelerate IoT product designs ••• CenTrak intros hybrid ultrasound-Gen2IR IoT location and sensing solution ••• Kerlink, Aexonis partner on testing facility for manufacturers to evaluate LoraWAN devices ••• Silicon Labs provides battery-operated Wi-Fi devices for Internet of Things.