- IoT Accelerating Globalization of Food Production and Processing
According to Inmarsat, the use of the Internet of Things for environmental monitoring is helping businesses meet import requirements in more countries than ever.
- Wisconsin Cranberry Farm Protects Crops With IoT System
The Monnit wireless temperature and humidity sensor solution enables Hilltop Cranberry to receive alerts if temperatures dip too low, thereby ensuring the farm takes action to protect its crops from frost damage.
- Smartrac Launches RFID-enabled Cable Ties for Industrial IoT
Available for both HF and UHF frequency bands, the company's Ratch tags are suitable for the tagging and asset control of critical equipment in applications such as lifting, automotive wiring and supply chain, offshore operations, and entertainment and stage rigging.
- Tellabs Optical LAN Simplifies Internet of Things for Sinclair Holdings
The system will help the company scale network connectivity, simplify network management and enable contemporary powering for advanced intelligent building technologies
- Infiniti Research Explores Market for Smart Wearables, RFID Devices
Although the smart wristbands market is growing rapidly, factors like high cost and complex usage instructions are leading many to opt out from buying one.
- Fujitsu Intros Sensor-Based IoT System-Development Platform
The BlueBrain sensor-based platform will be available this summer.
- Asavie Finds Industrial IoT Adoption Hindered By Lengthy Time to Production
The company has published the results of its 2017 Industrial IoT Industry Poll (Q2).
- Ayla Networks Adds IoT Platform Enhancements for Manufacturers
According to the company, the enhancements will enable manufacturers to forge closer customer relationships and improve their return on investment in the Internet of Things.
- IoT News Roundup, Part Two
NetComm Wireless, Telefonica announce global IoT supply agreement ••• CalAmp telematics technology to power Autobrain's consumer connected car platform ••• Cubic Telecom, China Mobile, Valid Provide LTE connectivity enablement to global IoT Device manufacturers In China ••• 42Q enters Zebra Technologies' PartnerConnect program ••• eAgile unveils Internet of Things solution for mobile e-commerce ••• GTX Corp. introduces new BLE IoT offering.
- IoT News Roundup, Part One
Monnit announces distribution agreement with Arrow Electronics ••• GE Aviation, AT&T enable aircraft health monitoring ••• Inmarsat Research cites IoT as top priority in driving digital transformation ••• Discovery Ag, NNNCo roll out Actility connected country network to boost Australian farms' productivity ••• Actility announces new LoRAWAN IoT products ••• Zigbee Alliance offers multi-band IoT mesh-network technology.
- BLE Chip from STMicroelectronics Accelerates Spread of Connected Smart Things
The BlueNRG-2 chip is Bluetooth 5.0-certified, ensures interoperability with the latest generation of smartphones, and supports enhanced features such as state-of-the-art security, privacy and extended packet length for faster data transfer.
- Skyworks Releases Multi-Standard IoT Front-End Module
The company's newest 2.4 GHz RF front-end module supports BLE/Bluetooth Smart, 802.15.4, Thread and ZigBee applications.
- Brazilian Government's IoT Study Releases First Results
A recent report, titled "Internet of Things: An Action Plan for Brazil," cites five lessons from the project.
- Vodafone IoT Technology Makes Mobile Diabetes Management Accessible for Smart Meter's Iglucose Platform
Vodafone's system helps Smart Meter provide increased accessibility to diabetes patients and their caregivers.