- Brazilians Bet on IoT at Work
In five years, 81 percent of the nation's professionals believe they will be using technologies related to the Internet of Things, while 47 percent say their work environments are not yet smart enough.
- Sentient Energy Expands Intelligent Analytics to Entire Distribution Grid
Intelligent distribution line monitors can now be deployed even where no amperage is available.
- Drones Reduce Inventory Time from Days to Minutes at Car Dealerships
FoxTrac has adopted a solution from RFID and IoT systems supplier SmartX Technology to locate vehicles in Montreal concessionary yards.
- Ingenu's Machine Network Goes Live in San Diego
The network's use of random phase multiple-access technology enables smart, sustainable applications throughout the city.
- IoT News Roundup
Navico, Vodafone partner to add global connectivity to GoFree product suite; AT&T creates secure private networking solution for the IoT; Industrial Internet Consortium publishes third edition of Journal of Innovation; Teleena partners with Dutch Sigfox network operator Aerea; Beecham Research says security, privacy concerns holding back smart-home industry; SK Telecom to build network for Internet of Things in Thailand; Sierra Wireless Technology to provide connectivity to Bloodhound Supersonic Car.
- Hitachi Unveils Video Analytics Software for Smart Cities, Digital Enterprises
HVA combines computer vision and advanced analytics to extract rich insights and generate real-time alerts.
- Industrial Internet Consortium Publishes Reference Architecture
The new IIRA offers guidance for the development of interoperable IIoT systems, solution and application architectures.
- Unified Office Adds Operations Performance Suite to Its Total Connect Now Managed Hybrid Cloud Service
TCNOPS enables quick serve restaurants and other small to medium businesses to improve their operational performance and effectiveness using the company's new Internet of Things-based suite.
- More Than One in Five Americans to Use Activity Trackers by 2021
Fitness and health wearables are expected to become a $20 billion hardware market annually within the next five years.
- TrackNet Joins LoRa Alliance to Support Continued Development of Global Roaming
The company will be actively involved in the organization's technical and marketing committees.
- Ingenu, Arrow Electronics to Deliver RPMA Solutions to Global IoT Market
The companies have entered a strategic global agreement to provide Ingenu's wireless M2M connectivity and certified modules to Arrow's global customer base.
- IoT News Roundup
Semtech LoRa technology selected for Australia's first IoT network ••• CALLUP to introduce remote SIM card management system for the IoT ••• Bridge Alliance, Gemalto offer eSIM solution for consumer IoT devices ••• Itron, Bsquare provide app community for grid edge devices ••• SALUS Controls chooses Ayla Networks to connect smart building products to the IoT ••• Microsoft intros new blockchain product-tracking project ••• Red Ledge launches open RFID- and IIoT-ready asset-management system ••• MITRE announces winner of Internet of Things challenge.
- Georgia Tech IoT Center Continues to Grow
The Center for the Development and Application of Internet of things Technologies has expanded its membership and impact.
- U.S. Transportation Department Sets New Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Requirements
Auto-safety regulators have mandated that new vehicles must communicate with each other via V2V technology beginning in 2020, with the goal of increasing safety.