IoT News Roundup
Juniper Research warns that IoT botnets present huge cybersecurity risk; NXT-ID chooses Nordic Semiconductor's wireless BLE and NFC module for smart cards, wearables; TrackNet secures series A investment to develop, deploy IoT solutions; Eir Business releases IoT store built on Asavie platform; Digi International intros embedded modem; Kony helps KMC Controls launch mobile app with IoT technology; Silicon Labs acquires Wi-Fi company Zentri; Frost & Sullivan announces Technology Innovation Award for Antenna Company.
- Semtech LoRa Technology Tracks Endangered Black Rhinos in Africa
The company is deploying a LoRaWAN IoT network to monitor endangered species and improve operations at Tanzania's Mkomazi National Park.
- Real-Time Parcel-Tracking Technology Secures Funding, Begins Second Wave of Deployment
Following strategic investment and successful pilots, ParceLive will be deployed by cross-border retailers, logistics providers and carriers.
- Teleena, Cumulocity Announce Strategic Partnership to Accelerate IoT Adoption
With this strategic partnership, Teleena will roll out its IoT Suite with all functionalities for enterprises to build transformational IoT solutions and monetize new business models.
- Thomas Pink Piloting IoT System With RFID and Cameras to Manage Inventory, Traffic
The solution, from BT Global Services, enables the use of multiple technologies under the single Acuitas Digital Alliance store platform to manage the inventory of men's shirts, as well as the movement of customer and sales staff traffic around that merchandise.
- Tekoia's SURE Universal Platform Gains OCF Certification After Kyrio's Testing
The Internet of Things system is among the first client applications certified by the Open Connectivity Foundation.
- Specification Standardizes Management of Trusted Execution Environments and Applications
The new framework enables service providers to remotely manage their trusted applications on connected devices.
- Saving Water With Smart Management and Efficient Systems in Spain
Libelium's case study about the iWesla Internet of Things-based project is available to download from RFID Journal's white paper library.
- Identiv Announces Smart Temperature Sensor Solution for Internet of Things
The uTrust Sense Temperature Tracker is a low-cost, portable, powered smart sensor that tracks and stores temperature readings.
- IoT News Roundup
Mobile browser for Internet of Things launches at art gallery exhibit ••• IDC report on IoT analytics and information-management technology provides guidance for senior executives ••• Honeywell, Aereon to leverage Industrial IoT for oil and gas ••• Digi International acquires SMART Temps ••• Enfucell SoftBattery powers Identiv's smart temperature sensor solution for IoT ••• Transcends releases RIFIDI 3.6 for IoT; PMRS deploys RIFIDI Edge Server for tag detection.
- SmartMesh IP Wireless Mesh Networks Expand to Address Industrial IoT Networks With Thousands of Nodes
New capabilities include the SmartMesh VManager networking software and Blink mode.
- Commerce Reports Recognizes Case for Federal Coordination on Internet of Things
The report should signal to Congress the need for a national strategy.
- Semtech to Present LoRa Technology for IoT in Live Webcast With Keysight Technologies
The webcast will focus on how Semtech's LoRa Technology is deployed and tested for LPWANs and smart, data-driven IoT applications.
- Honeywell, Aereon to Leverage Industrial Internet of Things for Oil and Gas
The companies will collaborate on solutions to help industrial customers boost the safety, efficiency and reliability of their operations.
- People Power to Join China Mobile's Digital Home Cooperation Alliance to Strategically Advance Smart-Home Efforts
The Alliance enhances market solutions with new technologies that enable smart-home offerings through unified protocols and improved, intelligent services.