- IoT News Roundup
Bridge Alliance, SoftBank Corp. extend M2M and IoT partnership; Inmarsat, Actility announce global LoRaWAN IoT network for business apps; Libelium adds industrial protocols to its IoT sensor platform; PTC expands IoT ecosystem with ThingWorx partners; B2X adds to IoT offerings, announces partnership with drone maker Zerotech; Tantiv4 intros IoT device to simplify household tasks; Hazelcast releases distributed data-processing engine.
- CNH Industrial Selects DroneDeploy for Drone System Targeting Agricultural Customers
The North American distribution agreement offers an economical path for growers to act upon drone data.
- Thread Group Offers Certified Software Stacks, Launches Product Certification Program
The program provides tools for member companies to certify and ship products.
- RM2 to Present IoT Pallets at Mobile World Congress 2017
AT&T, Orange and other Internet of Things companies will also present their plans to launch and commercialize mobile IoT networks this year.
- BLE Eavesdrops on Machine Health With Augury System
The IoT startup has developed a Bluetooth Low Energy-based solution for sensors that detect the health of HVAC and other equipment, and transmit that data to a server for analysis of the machines' health status.
- Unified Office Adds Operations Performance Suite to Its Total Connect Now Managed Hybrid Cloud Service
TCNOPS improves operational performance and effectiveness with its Internet of Things-based application.
- OpenFog Consortium Releases Reference Architecture for Fog Computing
The technical document defines an open framework for designing fog-based solutions to accelerate innovation in the Internet of Things, 5G and artificial intelligence, and provides a foundation for industry standards.
- Brazilians Bet on IoT at Work
In five years, 81 percent of the nation's professionals believe they will be using technologies related to the Internet of Things, while 47 percent say their work environments are not yet smart enough.
- Sentient Energy Expands Intelligent Analytics to Entire Distribution Grid
Intelligent distribution line monitors can now be deployed even where no amperage is available.
- Drones Reduce Inventory Time from Days to Minutes at Car Dealerships
FoxTrac has adopted a solution from RFID and IoT systems supplier SmartX Technology to locate vehicles in Montreal concessionary yards.
- Ingenu's Machine Network Goes Live in San Diego
The network's use of random phase multiple-access technology enables smart, sustainable applications throughout the city.
- IoT News Roundup
Navico, Vodafone partner to add global connectivity to GoFree product suite; AT&T creates secure private networking solution for the IoT; Industrial Internet Consortium publishes third edition of Journal of Innovation; Teleena partners with Dutch Sigfox network operator Aerea; Beecham Research says security, privacy concerns holding back smart-home industry; SK Telecom to build network for Internet of Things in Thailand; Sierra Wireless Technology to provide connectivity to Bloodhound Supersonic Car.
- Hitachi Unveils Video Analytics Software for Smart Cities, Digital Enterprises
HVA combines computer vision and advanced analytics to extract rich insights and generate real-time alerts.
- Industrial Internet Consortium Publishes Reference Architecture
The new IIRA offers guidance for the development of interoperable IIoT systems, solution and application architectures.