- IoT News Roundup
GlobalPlatform, IoT Connectivity Alliance sign memorandum of understanding ••• Ecofit, ServiceChannel partner on asset-management solution ••• STMicroelectronics to demo Internet of Things solutions in Asia ••• Siemens AG extends contract with Orange Business Services for global SD-WAN infrastructure ••• Accruent acquires Connectiv, providing asset-management visibility to clients ••• Vodafone, Continental use IoT to make truck tires smart ••• Understory, Monsanto partner in Argentina to inform global weather impact on agriculture ••• IoT Solutions World Congress establishes advisory board.
- Acuity Brands Intros Integrated Development Environment for IoT and More
The HTML5, browser-based IDE can help users rapidly build visually-rich, interactive Web-based graphical user interfaces, applications and dashboards.
- RFID Ensures Proper Blending for Smoothies, Spreads and Soups
A new subscriber- or à la carte-based product called Blix employs HF RFID technology to identify and authenticate each cup of fruit, vegetables or other foods, and blends them according to a recipe setting stored on a tag.
- Internet of Things Technology Tracks Pets in Airports
Unisys has released an app- and IoT-based solution that enables passengers to keep an eye on their pets before and after a flight, by viewing their location and the conditions around them, as well as watching the animals on video via wireless sensor technology.
- Lunera Receives DLC Networked Lighting Controls Certification
The company's Smart T8 is the first qualified solution to integrate networked lighting controls within a LED lamp.
- End-to-End IoT Security and Current Security Trends
Cybercriminals have an array of potential attack vectors to choose from when targeting Internet of Things implementations. eInfochips' Mohit Bhardwaj explains how to improve the security of IoT applications.
- WellAware Partners With Amazon Web Services on Oil and Gas IIoT Platform
The company is also collaborating with CheckPoint Pumps & Systems on an IoT pump-monitoring system.
- IoT News Roundup
FogHorn, Google Cloud partner to provide IIoT solution; Most U.S. insurance carriers are unprepared to leverage IoT data for strategic business needs, says LexisNexis Risk Solutions; STMicroelectronics to showcase connectivity solutions for smart buildings, completes Alibaba IoT validation for its products; SURE Universal predicts telcos will take over IoT; Io-Tahoe announces general availability of machine learning-driven smart-data discovery platform; author Maciej Kranz releases workbook on building the Internet of Things; Connecthings launches IoT pilot program with Capital Metro.
- IEEE Issues Call for IoT Papers
Papers are invited for the IEEE IoT Vertical and Topical Alaska Summit.
- Verve Adds Acuity Brands IoT Solutions to Location-Based Mobile Marketing Platform
Verve will leverage Atrius Platform Services, notably the Atrius Navigator indoor positioning software development kit and administration tools, to extend its in-store and out-of-store engagement solutions and shopper insights for brands and retailers.
- Trillium Secure Crowned Middleweight Champion at Japan's 'Get in the Ring' Competition
The company will next move on to the Get in the Ring Global Meetup, in Portugal.
- CORT Business Services, Tango Mobile Launch IoT Platform for Workplace Optimization
The platform harnesses data from sensors and integrates it with disparate software systems to provide a single dashboard of actionable insights.
- European Care Homes Track Patient Rolling in Beds
An IoT-based solution from digitalAngel, using Nalta software and Dell Boomi connectivity, allows facilities such as Carehome Zorgspectrum to identify which patients need to be rolled over, in order to prevent bed sores.
- RFID Journal LIVE! in Retail to Co-locate With IRCE, GlobalShop Under New RetailX Concept in 2019
The combined event will bring leading designers, innovators, technologies, manufacturers and e-commerce together at one fully integrated retail event.