- More Than One in Five Americans to Use Activity Trackers by 2021
Fitness and health wearables are expected to become a $20 billion hardware market annually within the next five years.
- TrackNet Joins LoRa Alliance to Support Continued Development of Global Roaming
The company will be actively involved in the organization's technical and marketing committees.
- Ingenu, Arrow Electronics to Deliver RPMA Solutions to Global IoT Market
The companies have entered a strategic global agreement to provide Ingenu's wireless M2M connectivity and certified modules to Arrow's global customer base.
- IoT News Roundup
Semtech LoRa technology selected for Australia's first IoT network ••• CALLUP to introduce remote SIM card management system for the IoT ••• Bridge Alliance, Gemalto offer eSIM solution for consumer IoT devices ••• Itron, Bsquare provide app community for grid edge devices ••• SALUS Controls chooses Ayla Networks to connect smart building products to the IoT ••• Microsoft intros new blockchain product-tracking project ••• Red Ledge launches open RFID- and IIoT-ready asset-management system ••• MITRE announces winner of Internet of Things challenge.
- Georgia Tech IoT Center Continues to Grow
The Center for the Development and Application of Internet of things Technologies has expanded its membership and impact.
- U.S. Transportation Department Sets New Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication Requirements
Auto-safety regulators have mandated that new vehicles must communicate with each other via V2V technology beginning in 2020, with the goal of increasing safety.
- Blue Pillar Announces Aurora Energy Network-as-a-Service
The offering will provide missing data and control needed by energy and application providers, to allow for new revenue-generating services.
- Tvilight Selects Teleena as Global Connectivity Partner
The companies will work together for the international rollout of Tvilight's embedded smart-city and IoT solutions.
- IoT News Roundup
Juniper Research warns that IoT botnets present huge cybersecurity risk; NXT-ID chooses Nordic Semiconductor's wireless BLE and NFC module for smart cards, wearables; TrackNet secures series A investment to develop, deploy IoT solutions; Eir Business releases IoT store built on Asavie platform; Digi International intros embedded modem; Kony helps KMC Controls launch mobile app with IoT technology; Silicon Labs acquires Wi-Fi company Zentri; Frost & Sullivan announces Technology Innovation Award for Antenna Company.
- Semtech LoRa Technology Tracks Endangered Black Rhinos in Africa
The company is deploying a LoRaWAN IoT network to monitor endangered species and improve operations at Tanzania's Mkomazi National Park.
- Real-Time Parcel-Tracking Technology Secures Funding, Begins Second Wave of Deployment
Following strategic investment and successful pilots, ParceLive will be deployed by cross-border retailers, logistics providers and carriers.
- Teleena, Cumulocity Announce Strategic Partnership to Accelerate IoT Adoption
With this strategic partnership, Teleena will roll out its IoT Suite with all functionalities for enterprises to build transformational IoT solutions and monetize new business models.
- Thomas Pink Piloting IoT System With RFID and Cameras to Manage Inventory, Traffic
The solution, from BT Global Services, enables the use of multiple technologies under the single Acuitas Digital Alliance store platform to manage the inventory of men's shirts, as well as the movement of customer and sales staff traffic around that merchandise.
- Tekoia's SURE Universal Platform Gains OCF Certification After Kyrio's Testing
The Internet of Things system is among the first client applications certified by the Open Connectivity Foundation.