- Coop Italia, Accenture Open Supermarket of the Future
The new grocery store will use a range of technologies to increase brand loyalty and store profitability
- Nordic Semiconductor Releases Bluetooth 5-Ready System-on-Chip for Smart Homes, IoT and Wearables
Capabilities include support for features of the soon-to-be-released specification, as well as radio support for IEEE 802.15.4, more extensive Flash and RAM memory availability, and a new radio hardware architecture with increased output power and link budget
- Tapestry Solutions Commercializes Enterprise-wide IoT System
The commercial solution for global manufacturers and other firms, dubbed Enterprise Sensor Integration, is based on a 50-site-wide middleware platform developed for Boeing to manage 80 different systems using RFID or other sensors to track assets, inventory and work in progress.
- Zebra Technologies and IoT Industry Leaders Identify "Intelligent Enterprise" as Decade's Most Impactful Trend
The company has announced that global leaders from health care, retail, transportation and logistics, and manufacturing validate the "Intelligent Enterprise" as the defining trend of the decade for industries globally.
- New Qorvo E-Book Series Explains the Internet of Things
The free book, titled Internet of Things For Dummies, discusses IoT technology, applications and security.
- IOT News Roundup
Bangkok expands BlipTrack Wi-Fi Bluetooth sensor solution; Autodesk, Taxal conducts research into IoT trends; Oasis Smart SIM showcases eSIM solution for IoT connected devices; ams launches AS7221 smart-lighting manager; ETSI publishes smart-home specifications.
- Beacons Booming: inMarket Beacon Platform Impacts $14.5 Billion in Black Friday Weekend Sales at Retail Stores
Beacon technology has matured as mobile's impact on offline sales take center stage for the holiday shopping season.
- Fujitsu Expands Bluetooth 4.2 Module Availability to North American Market
The module's processing capabilities and design flexibility minimize time and cost investments to develop low-power Industrial IoT applications for medical, instrumentation, industrial equipment and smart buildings.
- Startups, Academics Focus on IoT's Weak Link: Power
Batteries represent a design problem for Internet of Things devices, especially those used in very dense or widely distributed networks. But some researchers and startups believe they can address this shortcoming through energy harvesting.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2017 to Host IEEE RFID 2017
The co-located technical conference will feature a special Smart Cities Mega-Challenge.
- IoT Washing System Cuts Water Consumption and Repair Headaches
For a midscale hotel in Massachusetts, the Xeros laundering system has reduced water costs and downtime, while lightening the load for employees.
- RIOgaleão Airport Adopts 3,000 BLE Beacons
Internet of Things technology is helping passengers at the main airport in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, find services via their smartphones.
- Indian IoT Market Expected to Grow By 28.2 Percent from 2016 to 2022
Although the market is at its nascent stage, it has registered key growth backed by an increase in the number of connected devices, coupled with increasing internet penetration. Exponential growth is anticipated during the coming years.
- Farmer's Fridge and the Internet of Salads
The Chicago-based startup is scaling up its fresh-made salad vending system, and hopes to see the technology deployed at 100 locations next year.