- ABRFID Award to Recognize Companies and Personality in Brazilian RFID Industry
The first edition of the prize will be given to companies in three vertical categories, as well as in the GS1 EPCglobal category, and as a tribute to a distinguished professional in the radio frequency identification sector.
- IoT News Roundup
ORBCOMM launches cold chain monitoring solution ••• Cubic Telecom closes €40 million in Series C IoT investment round ••• Zinnov Zones study gives eInfochips high marks for its IoT technology ••• Opto 22 intros IoT certification program for systems integrators ••• IoT software provider Runtime earns Open Connectivity Foundation award.
- Culligan Builds First Smart-Home Product on Ayla IoT Platform
The Culligan Connect solution for HE water softeners lets dealers and homeowners remotely monitor and control their water softener systems.
- Prolitec Intros Environmental Scenting System that Employs Smart Internet of Things Devices
The ScenXus system uses Prolitec's IoT platform and the cloud to monitor and control the performance quality of the company's ambient scenting services.
- Cambium Networks Launches Wireless Broadband Point-to-Point ePMP Bridge-in-a-Box
The solution provides 200 Mbps of high-speed connectivity in the unlicensed spectrum that spans up to 10 miles.
- Industrial Internet Consortium, Edge Computing Consortium Sign Memorandum of Understanding
Under the terms of the agreement, the consortia will maximize interoperability and portability for the industrial Internet.
- AT&T Connects Elemental Machines' Smart Labs
The company's IoT solutions enable scientists to connect laboratories to the Internet.
- Lat-Lon Reduces Cost of Internet of Things
The company has eliminated the monthly cellular service charge on its new version of the Solar Tracking Unit.
- Austrian Researchers Find Security Options for RFID in Open IoT
The Graz University research group has built a prototype UHF RFID tag using an Internet Protocol Security layer to ensure that an RFID tag and its sensor data can be secure, no matter what RFID reader is used to interrogate it.
- Cortet By CEL Launches Zigbee Extender for Wireless Sensor Network, M2M and Internet of Things Applications
The company's new Z10 Range Extender has been optimized for RF performance, the company reports.
- STATSports Selects Taoglas to Monitor Sports Performance
Taoglas will provide antenna solutions for STATSports' new Apex line of GPS-based sports-performance monitors.
- Telink Semiconductor Releases SDK Compatible With New Bluetooth SIG Standard
The new kit complements the company's proprietary Bluetooth mesh-networking protocol, with additional features such as real-time updates and synchronized control for lighting, health-care and industrial-control applications.
- Facens Improves Its Smart Campus via RFID, Internet of Things
The university is training leaders to solve problems in a collaborative way, and to generate products and services of added value to society.
- Inmarsat Finds Skills Gap Could Act as a Brake on IoT Innovation in the Energy Sector
New research indicates that more than a third of energy companies lack the skills they need at a management and delivery level to successfully deploy Internet of Things technologies.