- New Qorvo E-Book Series Explains the Internet of Things
The free book, titled Internet of Things For Dummies, discusses IoT technology, applications and security.
- IOT News Roundup
Bangkok expands BlipTrack Wi-Fi Bluetooth sensor solution; Autodesk, Taxal conducts research into IoT trends; Oasis Smart SIM showcases eSIM solution for IoT connected devices; ams launches AS7221 smart-lighting manager; ETSI publishes smart-home specifications.
- Beacons Booming: inMarket Beacon Platform Impacts $14.5 Billion in Black Friday Weekend Sales at Retail Stores
Beacon technology has matured as mobile's impact on offline sales take center stage for the holiday shopping season.
- Fujitsu Expands Bluetooth 4.2 Module Availability to North American Market
The module's processing capabilities and design flexibility minimize time and cost investments to develop low-power Industrial IoT applications for medical, instrumentation, industrial equipment and smart buildings.
- Startups, Academics Focus on IoT's Weak Link: Power
Batteries represent a design problem for Internet of Things devices, especially those used in very dense or widely distributed networks. But some researchers and startups believe they can address this shortcoming through energy harvesting.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2017 to Host IEEE RFID 2017
The co-located technical conference will feature a special Smart Cities Mega-Challenge.
- IoT Washing System Cuts Water Consumption and Repair Headaches
For a midscale hotel in Massachusetts, the Xeros laundering system has reduced water costs and downtime, while lightening the load for employees.
- RIOgaleão Airport Adopts 3,000 BLE Beacons
Internet of Things technology is helping passengers at the main airport in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, find services via their smartphones.
- Indian IoT Market Expected to Grow By 28.2 Percent from 2016 to 2022
Although the market is at its nascent stage, it has registered key growth backed by an increase in the number of connected devices, coupled with increasing internet penetration. Exponential growth is anticipated during the coming years.
- Farmer's Fridge and the Internet of Salads
The Chicago-based startup is scaling up its fresh-made salad vending system, and hopes to see the technology deployed at 100 locations next year.
- IoT News Roundup
NFC Forum unveils tag-certification initiative, calls for participation; DHS releases strategic principles for securing Internet of Things; Gooee partners with PointGrab to enhance smart lighting platform; Oracle buys Dynamic Network Services.
- PRESS RELEASE: Asavie's iSimplyConnect.com Provides Secure, Configurable Connectivity to the Internet of Things
The new connectivity marketplace enables mobile network operators to offer on-demand configurable connectivity to the developer community and OEMs.
- IoT News Roundup
Predix gets traction with Exelon license, GE announces software upgrades and new acquisition; Zebra's new handheld devices work and feel like smartphones; SAP announces smart parking application and IoT product-development tools; myDevices unveils LoRa network builder; Tapestry Solutions adds IoT capabilities to software platform.
- PRESS RELEASE: Confidex Announces Modular NFC Tag Portfolio for High-Volume Applications
The product line offers multiple options regarding chip memory, label materials and optional services for printing, encoding and branding.