- Audio Chip Leverages NFC, BLE for IoT-Enabled Speakers
Manufacturers of speakers and other devices are building NFC-enabled products to allow automated Wi-Fi connections or Bluetooth pairing, and are employing BLE mesh functionality to use the devices as part of an Internet of Things network in a user's home or other facility.
- RFID Journal's Mark Roberti to Present Retail Omnichannel Strategies at Latam Retail Show
The company's founder and editor will speak on Aug. 30 about how radio frequency identification can benefit the retail sector.
- New Zealand Farm Cuts Water and Energy Consumption With IoT
WaterForce's SCADAfarm system, using Schneider Electric technology, allows cattle, sheep and vegetable producer BlackHills Farm to remotely monitor the watering level and conditions of crops, in order to provide the correct amount of water at every location at all times.
- More than 60 Percent of Manufacturers to Use RTLS, RFID or Bar-Code Tracking By 2022, Says Zebra Technologies
The company's "2017 Manufacturing Vision Study" found that more than half of all manufacturers plan to implement automated location-tracking systems during the next five years, and that the use of passive RFID will reach nearly half.
- Actility Powers Pixel Networks Rollout of First LoRaWAN Network for Hong Kong
Pixel is providing the network and all elements of IoT solutions, including sensors, software for data analytics and visualization, and full system support, integration and maintenance.
- IoT News Roundup
Silicon Labs Bluetooth Mesh solution helps IoT developers cut time to market; Toshiba BLE products now support new Bluetooth Mesh standard; Comcast expands machineQ enterprise IoT service to 12 major U.S. markets; Dell deploys Internet of Things technology at several manufacturing facilities; Industrial Internet Consortium publishes smart cities edition of Journal of Innovation; Postmobile implements IoT solutions for self-care applications; Open Connectivity Foundation selects SURE Universal for IoT interoperability verification.
- Cisco Jasper Introduces Multi-Tier Internet of Things Platform
The platform offers improved flexibility to accelerate IoT success for businesses at any stage.
- Bsquare Releases IoT App at AWS Marketplace
The DataV Discover app provides a standardized method for customers to determine whether their data sets have the richness necessary to deliver on specific business objectives, such as predictive analytics and asset optimization.
- IoT Standards Groups Emphasizes Collaboration at oneM2M Industry Day
Hewlett Packard Enterprise, InterDigital, Qualcomm, AT&T and iconectiv all took part in the conference, which was hosted by ATIS.
- Fragmented Market Opens Opportunities for Vendors in Brazil's Industrial Internet of Things Sector
The IoT in manufacturing, transportation, smart cities, health care, and other verticals in that nation will require entities from adjacent markets to work together to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- IoT News Roundup
Ericsson launches network services for massive IoT, builds end-to-end NB-IoT system for Chunghwa Telecom;Oomi smart-home system announces new integrations, public availability; PTC, Tech Mahindra open IIoT Center of Excellence in India; Bosch unveils IoT-ready environmental sensor; Tottenham Hotspur Football Club teams up with HP Enterprise on new stadium using IoT technology; Silicon Labs unveils software, hardware supporting new Bluetooth mesh specification; SURE Universal offers software-defined IoT platform based on Open Connectivity Foundation standard.
- Helium Tackles the Connectivity Problem in IoT
The company's latest product suite is intended to simplify the deployment, management and scaling of IoT networks.
- Actility Launches Vehicle-Tracking Solution for U.S. Market
Combining Abeeway Master Tracker hardware with Actility's ThingPark IoT software platform and Cisco LPWAN gateways, the solution was demonstrated at Cisco Live in Las Vegas earlier this month.
- EVRYTHNG, Avery Dennison RBIS Join Consumer QR Code Data With EPC RFID
The Active Digital Identities solution enables brands and retailers to create a GS1-standard label that they can use via RFID, and that consumers can access with their QR-code-scanning smartphones.