- STMicroelectronics, Valencell Collaborate on Biometric Sensor Platform for Wearables, IoT
The scalable development kit integrates ST's SensorTile with Valencell's Benchmark biometric sensor system to accelerate smart wearable and IoT product development.
- IoT News Roundup
In-car Cleverness, Aeris expand global connectivity service for IoT automotive telematics; Airfi's Catalyst system streamlines connectivity for device OEMs; Semtech, Tata Communications launch LoRa technology center in India; ZigBee Alliance, Thread Group demonstrate ZigBee products running universal language; SoftServe boosts vehicle security with smart biometric authentication.
- 71 Percent of Enterprises Capturing Data for IoT; Security, ROI Concerns Remain High
According to 451 Research, enterprises expect to increase their Internet of Things investment by 33 percent during the next 12 months.
- CNET's CES Schedule of Programming, Events and News
At the consumer technology show, the news and reviews site will provide an editorial feature, original programming and real-time coverage.
- Local Motors, Stantec Launch Strategic Partnership to Deliver and Test Self-Driving Shuttles
The partnership will accelerate the worldwide implementation of connected automated vehicles.
- NASSCOM of India Signs Agreement With Georgia Tech to Drive Innovation in Internet of Things
The National Association of Software and Services Companies has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Georgia Institute of Technology to collaborate on advancing the IoT and fostering innovation through an IoT ecosystem.
- Qube to Release Smart LED Light Strips
The company will debut the new smart strips at the CES conference.
- Internet of Things Connected Devices to Triple by 2021
Juniper Research predicts that the number of connected IoT devices will reach more than 46 billion units.
- IOT News Roundup
Vodafone, Arrow Electronics link up with IoT agreement; Navigant Research says Internet of Things market expected to reach $500 million in 2020; HWTrek simplifies IoT development and manufacturing supply chain collaboration; Infiswift partners with Acuitus Ag to develop smart solution for data-driven farming; VeriSolutions uses AT&T IoT technology in connected-restaurant solution; Emanate Wireless raises $1.5 million in angel capital; Lat-Lon offers IoT-optimized 4G LTE Cat-1 modems with its products.
- Sigfox, Thinxtra to Launch Internet of Things Network in Hong Kong
The companies have announced an agreement to roll out Sigfox's IoT network in the region next year.
- UIEvolution Acquires Surround to Form Xevo
The agreement will help the automotive technology company drive cloud, data science and artificial intelligence programs for connected cars.
- Analysys Mason's IoT Predictions for 2017: Key Developments in LPWA Technologies, Connected Cars and Smart Cities
This has been a busy year for telecom operators in the Internet of Things market, most notably in low-power, wide-area (LPWA) technologies, as NB-IoT and LTE-M approach full commercial deployment.
- GCell Powers Long-Range Wireless LoRa IoT Sensor Node
The company has developed the device in conjunction with Professor Marcel Meli and Zurich University of Applied Sciences Institute of Embedded Systems.
- STMicroelectronics' Nano-Power Op Amp Boosts Sensing Accuracy, Consumes Negligible Space and Power
The TSU111 helps reduce the size and energy needs of analog circuits in medical monitors, wearable electronics, gas detectors, pH sensors, infrared motion sensors and payment tags.