- STATSports Selects Taoglas to Monitor Sports Performance
Taoglas will provide antenna solutions for STATSports' new Apex line of GPS-based sports-performance monitors.
- Telink Semiconductor Releases SDK Compatible With New Bluetooth SIG Standard
The new kit complements the company's proprietary Bluetooth mesh-networking protocol, with additional features such as real-time updates and synchronized control for lighting, health-care and industrial-control applications.
- Facens Improves Its Smart Campus via RFID, Internet of Things
The university is training leaders to solve problems in a collaborative way, and to generate products and services of added value to society.
- Inmarsat Finds Skills Gap Could Act as a Brake on IoT Innovation in the Energy Sector
New research indicates that more than a third of energy companies lack the skills they need at a management and delivery level to successfully deploy Internet of Things technologies.
- Open Connectivity Foundation Selects SURE Universal for IoT Interoperability Verification
In addition, OCF has signed a new licensing agreement with SURE Universal to use its software for interoperability testing of hardware and software products.
- Cuebiq Database Offers IoT Device Usage Data to Marketers
The company's IoT Audiences system is intended to help companies capitalize on the emergence of Internet of Things data and connected devices.
- IoT Network to Launch on New Silk Road
The Xi'an Beilin District Science and Technology Bureau, Shaanxi Radio and Television Network Group, and ThingPark China have invested in the transformative network, which is expected to provide socioeconomic benefits.
- IoT News Roundup
Accelerite concert IoT orchestrator now available on AWS Marketplace ••• IBM X-Force Red launches new services for automotive industry, IoT ••• Industrial Internet Consortium announces Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report v.2.0 ••• Microcontrollers help developers tackle complex IoT applications ••• Flutura, JAG Group partner to foster digital AI, IIoT in oil and gas marketplace ••• Globetouch, Verizon Telematics to work with General Motors for OnStar Expansion ••• Mocana teams up with Gemalto to secure IoT from end to end ••• Parkmobile launches integrated automated on- and off-street reservations parking into all new BMW vehicles ••• Softbank Technology announces strategic IoT security partnership with Rambus ••• NetBurner intros serial-to-Ethernet server with secure Wi-Fi for IoT, industrial controls.
- Mobile Experts Predicts Asset-Tracking IoT Device Market to Triple by 2022
The study illustrates future trends in the transportation, health-care, agriculture, industrial, retail and consumer markets.
- Audio Chip Leverages NFC, BLE for IoT-Enabled Speakers
Manufacturers of speakers and other devices are building NFC-enabled products to allow automated Wi-Fi connections or Bluetooth pairing, and are employing BLE mesh functionality to use the devices as part of an Internet of Things network in a user's home or other facility.
- RFID Journal's Mark Roberti to Present Retail Omnichannel Strategies at Latam Retail Show
The company's founder and editor will speak on Aug. 30 about how radio frequency identification can benefit the retail sector.
- New Zealand Farm Cuts Water and Energy Consumption With IoT
WaterForce's SCADAfarm system, using Schneider Electric technology, allows cattle, sheep and vegetable producer BlackHills Farm to remotely monitor the watering level and conditions of crops, in order to provide the correct amount of water at every location at all times.
- More than 60 Percent of Manufacturers to Use RTLS, RFID or Bar-Code Tracking By 2022, Says Zebra Technologies
The company's "2017 Manufacturing Vision Study" found that more than half of all manufacturers plan to implement automated location-tracking systems during the next five years, and that the use of passive RFID will reach nearly half.
- Actility Powers Pixel Networks Rollout of First LoRaWAN Network for Hong Kong
Pixel is providing the network and all elements of IoT solutions, including sensors, software for data analytics and visualization, and full system support, integration and maintenance.