IOT News Roundup
Vodafone, Arrow Electronics link up with IoT agreement; Navigant Research says Internet of Things market expected to reach $500 million in 2020; HWTrek simplifies IoT development and manufacturing supply chain collaboration; Infiswift partners with Acuitus Ag to develop smart solution for data-driven farming; VeriSolutions uses AT&T IoT technology in connected-restaurant solution; Emanate Wireless raises $1.5 million in angel capital; Lat-Lon offers IoT-optimized 4G LTE Cat-1 modems with its products.
- Sigfox, Thinxtra to Launch Internet of Things Network in Hong Kong
The companies have announced an agreement to roll out Sigfox's IoT network in the region next year.
- UIEvolution Acquires Surround to Form Xevo
The agreement will help the automotive technology company drive cloud, data science and artificial intelligence programs for connected cars.
- Analysys Mason's IoT Predictions for 2017: Key Developments in LPWA Technologies, Connected Cars and Smart Cities
This has been a busy year for telecom operators in the Internet of Things market, most notably in low-power, wide-area (LPWA) technologies, as NB-IoT and LTE-M approach full commercial deployment.
- GCell Powers Long-Range Wireless LoRa IoT Sensor Node
The company has developed the device in conjunction with Professor Marcel Meli and Zurich University of Applied Sciences Institute of Embedded Systems.
- STMicroelectronics' Nano-Power Op Amp Boosts Sensing Accuracy, Consumes Negligible Space and Power
The TSU111 helps reduce the size and energy needs of analog circuits in medical monitors, wearable electronics, gas detectors, pH sensors, infrared motion sensors and payment tags.
- Trimble Uses Semtech LoRa Technology for IoT Water-Monitoring Sensor Series
Semtech, a supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, has announced that its LoRa wireless RF technology is being used in Trimble's new Telog 41 Series of wireless Internet of Things sensors for remotely measuring, monitoring and analyzing water, wastewater and groundwater systems.
- IOT News Roundup
Swift Sensors' cloud-based wireless sensor system; NFC Forum Innovation Awards open for submissions; PTC achieves AWS IoT Competency status; Avnet expands Internet of Things portfolio with Relayr solutions; OE-A to demonstrate printed electronics at CES 2017; Libelium releases Internet of Things video.
- MultiTech Announces New Version of Analog-to-Ethernet/Wireless Converter
The MultiConnect AEW introduces a path for customers using legacy analog systems to extend the life of their assets without extensive redesigns or certifications.
- Coop Italia, Accenture Open Supermarket of the Future
The new grocery store will use a range of technologies to increase brand loyalty and store profitability
- Nordic Semiconductor Releases Bluetooth 5-Ready System-on-Chip for Smart Homes, IoT and Wearables
Capabilities include support for features of the soon-to-be-released specification, as well as radio support for IEEE 802.15.4, more extensive Flash and RAM memory availability, and a new radio hardware architecture with increased output power and link budget
- Tapestry Solutions Commercializes Enterprise-wide IoT System
The commercial solution for global manufacturers and other firms, dubbed Enterprise Sensor Integration, is based on a 50-site-wide middleware platform developed for Boeing to manage 80 different systems using RFID or other sensors to track assets, inventory and work in progress.
- Zebra Technologies and IoT Industry Leaders Identify "Intelligent Enterprise" as Decade's Most Impactful Trend
The company has announced that global leaders from health care, retail, transportation and logistics, and manufacturing validate the "Intelligent Enterprise" as the defining trend of the decade for industries globally.
- New Qorvo E-Book Series Explains the Internet of Things
The free book, titled Internet of Things For Dummies, discusses IoT technology, applications and security.
- IOT News Roundup
Bangkok expands BlipTrack Wi-Fi Bluetooth sensor solution; Autodesk, Taxal conducts research into IoT trends; Oasis Smart SIM showcases eSIM solution for IoT connected devices; ams launches AS7221 smart-lighting manager; ETSI publishes smart-home specifications.