- IoT Set to Fuel Next Green Revolution in Farming Industry, Finds Inmarsat
New research finds that two-thirds of agritech businesses will spend between 10 and 20 percent of their IT budgets on IoT development by the year 2022.
- Brazilian Government Announces Internet of Things Study
Federal authorities presented a report on the country's IoT Action Plan during a telecommunications event in São Paulo.
- Tenna Brings IoT, RFID to Industrial Asset Tracking
The company, formerly known as BuildSourced, aims to provide a single platform for all asset tracking on civil construction or other sites, to manage everything from a screwdriver to a crane, as well as personnel.
- GE Global Electricity Monitoring & Diagnostics Center Reduces Power Outages Worldwide via Industrial IoT
Running GE Digital's APM solution will help further prevent power outages by increasing the reliability of the thousands of power-producing turbines and generators monitored by the M&D Center.
- ASPIDER-NGI Launches IoT Solution for Global Connectivity
The company's goal is to let organizations change operators without a SIM swap, lowering the cost of switching and removing an obstacle to large-scale deployments.
- IoT News Roundup
Comodo launches new IoT PKI security platform, partner program ••• MapR Technologies, C3 IoT partner to accelerate development of AI, Internet of Things applications ••• Reveal Mobile earns Mobile Marketing Association award for IoT contributions ••• Industrial IoT leaders invest $30 million in FogHorn's Series B funding ••• Vodafone Research reveals large-scale IoT projects have doubled ••• Lantronix announces industrial IoT global device management solution ••• FreeWave Technologies unveils app server software to power IoT programmability ••• Industrial Internet Consortium publishes edge computing edition of Journal of Innovation ••• Orange Business Services collaborates with Microsoft on IoT offerings.
- Mayer Brown Launches Practical Guide on Hot Topics in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy, Including the IoT
Authored by lawyers in the firm's global Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice, the guide highlights key cybersecurity and data-privacy developments and priorities, from the Internet of Things and the cloud to complying with China's new cybersecurity law and Europe's General Data Protection Regulation.
- Intel Unveils New Approach to IoT Scaling, Security
The company's solution addresses critical issues of bringing large-scale IoT deployments online and securely managing devices and data.
- MetTel Offers New Fleet-Management Solutions for Internet of Things
The technology helps trucking, pharmaceuticals, transportation and food-distribution companies to create an IoT-powered mobile workforce.
- STMicroelectronics Offers Software Kit for Bluetooth Mesh Networking, Connected Smart-Lighting
The company has released new software for creating smart objects that connect using the latest Bluetooth wireless mesh-networking features.
- Smartrac Showcases RFID, NFC, IoT Temperature Sensor Portfolio
The company presented its latest portfolio of temperature-sensing, cold-chain-monitoring products and solutions at the 15th Annual Cold Chain Global Forum.
- Ayla IoT Platform Adds Phone-as-a-Gateway Capability for Bluetooth Products
The platform enables manufacturers of Bluetooth devices to access IoT data via the Ayla IoT cloud without using separate gateways.
- Huawei, Vodafone Top IHS Markit IoT CMP Platforms Scorecard
Criteria include such factors as cumulative cellular IoT connections under management, support for multiple connectivity technologies, diversity of deployment models, and perceptions of vendors by a multi-country panel of enterprise end users.
- Klashwerks Launchs All-in-One Connected Car Technology
Piper creator Russell Ure brings the smart home concept to the car with Raven.