- AT&T Connects Elemental Machines' Smart Labs
The company's IoT solutions enable scientists to connect laboratories to the Internet.
- Lat-Lon Reduces Cost of Internet of Things
The company has eliminated the monthly cellular service charge on its new version of the Solar Tracking Unit.
- Austrian Researchers Find Security Options for RFID in Open IoT
The Graz University research group has built a prototype UHF RFID tag using an Internet Protocol Security layer to ensure that an RFID tag and its sensor data can be secure, no matter what RFID reader is used to interrogate it.
- Cortet By CEL Launches Zigbee Extender for Wireless Sensor Network, M2M and Internet of Things Applications
The company's new Z10 Range Extender has been optimized for RF performance, the company reports.
- STATSports Selects Taoglas to Monitor Sports Performance
Taoglas will provide antenna solutions for STATSports' new Apex line of GPS-based sports-performance monitors.
- Telink Semiconductor Releases SDK Compatible With New Bluetooth SIG Standard
The new kit complements the company's proprietary Bluetooth mesh-networking protocol, with additional features such as real-time updates and synchronized control for lighting, health-care and industrial-control applications.
- Facens Improves Its Smart Campus via RFID, Internet of Things
The university is training leaders to solve problems in a collaborative way, and to generate products and services of added value to society.
- Inmarsat Finds Skills Gap Could Act as a Brake on IoT Innovation in the Energy Sector
New research indicates that more than a third of energy companies lack the skills they need at a management and delivery level to successfully deploy Internet of Things technologies.
- Open Connectivity Foundation Selects SURE Universal for IoT Interoperability Verification
In addition, OCF has signed a new licensing agreement with SURE Universal to use its software for interoperability testing of hardware and software products.
- Cuebiq Database Offers IoT Device Usage Data to Marketers
The company's IoT Audiences system is intended to help companies capitalize on the emergence of Internet of Things data and connected devices.
- IoT Network to Launch on New Silk Road
The Xi'an Beilin District Science and Technology Bureau, Shaanxi Radio and Television Network Group, and ThingPark China have invested in the transformative network, which is expected to provide socioeconomic benefits.
- IoT News Roundup
Accelerite concert IoT orchestrator now available on AWS Marketplace ••• IBM X-Force Red launches new services for automotive industry, IoT ••• Industrial Internet Consortium announces Industrial Internet Vocabulary Technical Report v.2.0 ••• Microcontrollers help developers tackle complex IoT applications ••• Flutura, JAG Group partner to foster digital AI, IIoT in oil and gas marketplace ••• Globetouch, Verizon Telematics to work with General Motors for OnStar Expansion ••• Mocana teams up with Gemalto to secure IoT from end to end ••• Parkmobile launches integrated automated on- and off-street reservations parking into all new BMW vehicles ••• Softbank Technology announces strategic IoT security partnership with Rambus ••• NetBurner intros serial-to-Ethernet server with secure Wi-Fi for IoT, industrial controls.
- Mobile Experts Predicts Asset-Tracking IoT Device Market to Triple by 2022
The study illustrates future trends in the transportation, health-care, agriculture, industrial, retail and consumer markets.
- Audio Chip Leverages NFC, BLE for IoT-Enabled Speakers
Manufacturers of speakers and other devices are building NFC-enabled products to allow automated Wi-Fi connections or Bluetooth pairing, and are employing BLE mesh functionality to use the devices as part of an Internet of Things network in a user's home or other facility.