- Brazilian Students Create Intelligent Canine Feeder
Sesi de Cianorte's students have developed an RFID-enabled device that identifies each pet and provides food in the proper measure.
- RFID Trends: What's Ahead in 2017, Part 3
Technology providers predict advances in reader technology and management for the retail market and beyond.
- IoT News Roundup
Laird releases multi-interface platform for low-power, long-range IoT deployments; Icon Labs announces authentication solution for Internet of Things manufacturers; Mitsubishi Electric Automation connects Industrial Internet of Things with MTConnect open standard; Crystal Group brings IoT capabilities to rugged environments; Telink Semiconductor releases updated BLE chip SDK for Apple HomeKit; Retail IoT platforms to connect 12.5 billion assets by 2021, says Juniper Research.
- STMicroelectronics Unveils Motor Driver for Portable, Battery-Powered IoT Devices
The driver extends the company's family of miniature, low-voltage drivers for battery-powered portable and wearable applications.
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation Connects Industrial Internet of Things With Open-Standard MTConnect
MTConnect is an open standard that allows the sharing of a common language between machines and other electrical equipment from various manufacturers.
- Icon Labs Announces Certificate Authority Solution for Internet of Things Manufacturers
The company's Floodgate Certificate Authority provides certificate management for businesses implementing their own certificate-based authentication using public key infrastructure.
- Laird Unveils New Multi-Interface Platform for Low-Power, Long-Range IoT Deployments
The company has announced the release of its new Enterprise Internet of Things gateway.
- Imagination, Intercede Demonstrate Trust Continuum's Ability to Secure the IoT
The joint initiative addresses consumer security risk driven by today's on-demand economy.
- IoT News Roundup
Online Trust Alliance releases report regarding shared responsibility and the IoT; Coresystems intros software platform to provide real-time customer service for the IoT; STMicroelectronics offers cloud-compatible Wi-Fi module for IoT, M2M applications; Fujitsu, Enmo Technologies collaborate on technology for Fujitsu IoT devices; Opto 22 accepted into IBM Watson IoT partner ecosystem; mPrest, New York Power Authority deploy software to ensure reliability of statewide critical power infrastructure; NXP, Canonical to demo IoT gateways at Embedded World; CEL unveils article for IoT design engineers.
- MapR Extends Convergence to IoT Edge
The MapR Edge platform addresses the need to capture, process and analyze data generated by Internet of Things devices close to the source.
- Lantronix Announces Embedded IoT Gateway and Wired Device Server Module
The xPico 200 series will offer security, networking intelligence and pre-integration with Lantronix's MACH10 management software platform, while the xPico 110 module will allow OEMs to add Ethernet network connectivity to their industrial devices.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2017 to Feature IOT Pavilion, AIM Pavilion and International China Pavilion
The conference and exhibition will highlight leading companies' radio frequency identification deployments and demonstrate the latest technology solutions.
- Companies Trying Sigfox Spot'It Tags for Low-Cost Tracking
The tags are designed to provide location data on Sigfox's cloud-based server without requiring an installation of readers or access points, or handheld devices to capture the data.
- Smartrac, LAB ID, Temera Enhance IoT Impact in High Fashion and Luxury Markets
The partnership enables digital end-to-end transformation for brands and retailers.